Dirty Dallas 7

CHAPTER SEVEN

I stepped outside in my khaki shorts, pink plaid shirt and my pink cowboy boots.

"Wow clumsy never seem to fail with them boots huh?" He watched me walk towards him as he leaned against his truck.

"Look I'm really sorry, about what happen...you know." I put my head down. "I thought no one was inside." I walked closer. "So why did you come?" I looked up at him and he looked down at me.

"Well I'm going to take you out to eat, it's common for girls to go on dates." I nodded my head and took a mental note. He walked over to the passenger side and opened it for me. He walked to me picked me up and placed me on the cold leather seat against my thighs.

"Thank you." I said softly.

The truck was loud and fast. It seemed like he never took his foot off the gas pedal.

"So where are we going." I slid my tongue across my braces.

"We are going to Rico's." I had no idea what Rico's was, maybe a Hispanic restaurant.

When we arrive at a parking spot, he puts the truck in park, shuts off the engine then looks at me.

"Ready?" I nodded my head. He jumps out of the truck and walks over to my side helping me out.

Rico's was full of boys, and the food was spicy and grease, never had grease nor spicy.

As I was eating a piece of bread a bleach blond boy stood next to me.

"Hey baby can I get your number." I was confused, so it does happen in real life not just in movies.

"Uhh 214..." I started but Luke cut me off.

"214 get lost dipshit, don't you see she's my date." Luke was furious, his knee suddenly touched my knee as he looked up at the guy.

"Well it doesn't look like she's having a great time bro." The boy pointed at me, he seemed very conceded .

"Clumsy am I giving you such a horrible time?" He looked at me with his deep blue eyes.

"No Luke." I responded completely confused of why type of argument this was.

"Okay there, it's answered for you!" Luke looks up and the guy who begins to smile.

"Wow Luke...Luke Gretchen?" The boy pointed at Luke. "Your the popular soccer player at the University of Alabama, cant wait till next season, wow dude well you got yourself a nice chick." He slapped Luke on the shoulder and walked off.

"University of Alabama?" I asked.

"Yah." After that we didn't talk at all until we went outside. "How was dinner?"

"Good, I liked those beanos?"

"Beans." He laughed at me. I couldn't help but to smilie.

He dropped me off at home and zoomed off throwing dirt behind him.

"Hey dad." I said seeing him eating at the kitchen table.

"Hey Laney." He turned around and faced me.

"What's wrong." His face was red and eyes were blood shot. I walked up to him touching his shoulder.

"I have to go to Colorado for surgery Delaney." My heart dropped.

"What for." My voice was cold and scared.

"My leg Laney, it has to come off, and I know how you don't like to travel so Lillian will join me and Luke will stay with you, he will take care of you I'm sure." I began to cry.

"For how long!" I yelled dropping to my knees.

"A month Laney...a month." He pulled my head into his arms and kissed my hair.

"Why?!" I yelled and cried in his arms all night.