flinch (nat)

i'm really sorry for not updating sooner i've had a really shitty week AND IM REALLY SORRY ABOUT THE REQUESTS THAT I HAVENT DONE!! i'll try get them out next if i have sudden inspiration to do so :) 

kinda short :/
——————————————————————————
a bit angsty but fluffy at the end :)

angel and the team just got home from a mission that didn't go as planned. angel was partly to blame as she strayed from where she was allocated to guard. i mean it wasn't her fault she went to kill a bunch of bad guys crowding around another entrance where there was no one guarding so they had immediate access to the important part of the mission. however whilst that was happening the others managed to get in from the part she was MEANT to be guarding. the mission was to basically get this chip and download files onto a usb and get out of there quickly. so angel was allocated as a first defence system.

at the compound~

she ran off to her bedroom not wanting to have a lecture from the whole team who had been sending her glares the whole way back on the jet. she decided to have a shower to clean up a bit and then get into some comfy clothes and stay in her room. so that's what she did, until the time came that her mother wanted to speak to her about the mission. her mother was of course the one and only black widow.

"angel, let me in" nat said as she banged on the door. "we need to talk" she said once again banging in the door. angel just stayed quiet. "angel, we need to talk let me in" nat said once again a bit more firmly. angel knew if she didn't reply her door would be knocked down and she would be in much deeper trouble than she was already in. "i don't want to talk" angel replied. "it wasn't a question now let me in, we are talking." nat said. "what happens if i say no" angel retorted. " missy you are going to open this door right now otherwise i'll kick it down myself" nat said annoyed. angel got up and unlocked the door, nat immediately opened it and started her lecture.

"angel what were you thinking? we established that you would stay put to your allocated area and then it would be an easy mission and NO ONE WOULD GET HURT!" nat shouted. tears started to pool in angels eyes as she looked down at the floor. nat didn't notice and carried on her speech "now clint is in the hospital BECAUSE OF YOU, i told you to stay put!! but noooo because your so tough you just had to leave your entrance and wonder off" nat said. "but m-" angel started. "NO BUTS ANGEL I CANT BELIEVE YOU, YOU MESSED IT UP, AND ITS YOUR FAULT" nat shouted, at this moment angel flinched at the shouting and looked up at her mum with fear in her teary eyes.

nat noticed the flinch and immediately regretted what she said she also noticed the tears in her daughters eyes and the fact they held fear broke her heart even more. she softened and went to hold angels cheek. once again angel flinched away from the touch hurting nat more than she'd like to admit, but then as nat persisted to caress her daughters cheek. angel then leant into the hand slightly as she let the silent tears fall. "i'm sorry" she whispered. "baby you could've died...i- i was so worried i thought that because they reached clint they took you out and i- i'm sorry that i said those things i didn't mean them sweetheart, i love you" nat said admittedly, wiping angels tears away with her thumbs. angel just hugged her mum and whispered "i love you too".