we need to talk (nat)

i'm so sorry for not updating, there will be slow updates from now on btw because school is still a thing lol. ANYWAY happy pride months besties - i think now would probably be a good time to say that i am a confused female preferenced bi :) i don't actually label myself but i like girls, non binary people and maybe some men :)

i'll do y/n now, i will be doing that as i am running out of names as well as someone requested it lol HOPE YOU DONT MIND. and i will be doing the pronouns they/them idk if i will do this in all of them but in this one i will (i am sorry if you don't feel comfortable)

—————————————————————————

y/n pov

mum had been avoiding me - actually almost everyone had been avoiding me apart from wanda. they would all try and not be in the same room as me whenever possible making excuses to go somewhere else and they even had a movie night without me. wanda doesn't really talk to me because we aren't that close, but i think she has noticed how my face falls when someone leaves the room because i entered. i will admit it hurts a lot.

no ones pov

it was morning now and y/n was doing what they did every morning getting up, getting dressed, eating and then doing a bit of training. when they entered the kitchen, most of the avengers were there, they looked up and then the excuses started. "cmon buck and sam let's go on our run" steve said as the three departed. "i'm going to go down to my lab to check on bruce bye" tony said. this left wanda and nat. nat got up and just walked right past y/n.
"mum-" y/n tried to talk to her but nat was already out of the door. y/n's face fell as they sighed and walked over to the kitchen getting themselves something small to eat before heading down to the training room.

wanda had seen the interaction and felt sorry for y/n. she knew she needed to talk to y/n. so she went to where she knew y/n would be. the training room. she walked in to find y/n punching a punching bag (lol why did i find this funny) listening to music with a few angry tears falling down their face. wanda walked next to the punching bag, in y/n's eyeline not wanting to startle them by tapping them on the shoulder. y/n stopped punching and steadied the bag once they noticed wanda and they took their earphones out, giving wanda their full attention.

"hey y/n, i don't really know how to start this but i've seen what's been going on and i don't know what has happened between you and the rest of the avengers but i do know it's taking a toll on you and i want to help." wanda said. y/n looked down and then said "i've been trying to talk to them but they always just ignore me or walk out."
"yes i know but i have a plan for you, nat is your mum, so you are probably closest or were closest with her, correct?" wanda said, y/n nodded in response. "so easiest way of making up is talking to nat, you just have to catch her alone at the right moment and have a talk with her". y/n was filled with a small bit of hope at wandas words and simply replied a thank you before walking to their room to go think about what they should do.

~time skip besties~

it was now about 2am and y/n just woke up because of a nightmare, they then remembered all that was going on in their life and suddenly they started to cry and needed someone to comfort them (don't we all). the only person they could think to go to was nat, surely she would understand right? so y/n got out of bed with their blanket which was a gift from mum when they were younger and sneaked into nats room. tears were still rolling down their cheeks but their sobs were silenced. they invited themselves under the covers and immediately snuggled into nats chest wrapping their arms around their mum and holding her tightly.

this motion woke nat up and she looked at her child in her arms confused as to why they were in her bed. until she felt them shake with silent sobs and then a wet patch on her clothing was noticeable. nat didn't know what was wrong but instinctively wrapped her arms around her child and pulled them closer. this didn't go unnoticed by y/n who looked up at their mum with teary eyes "i'm sorry" y/n whispered. nat wiped y/n's tears away with her thumb and whispered "i'm sorry too" before kissing y/n's forehead and pulling her close again. after y/n's crying stopped they wanted to really talk with their mum about everything so they started "mum i want to talk to you abou-" nat cut y/n off by saying "we can talk in the morning, just rest now okay?" and then they both went back to sleep peacefully.

a/n: i'm gonna end this here because idk what would happen in the morning LOL