nightmare pt.2 (nat)

HELP PEOPLE FROM MY SCHOOL ARE TRYING TO FIND THIS BOOK AND ITS EMBARRASSING 😭✋ oh well have fun ;)

this one was requested 💅 hope you like it besties :)

——————————————————————————

violet woke up to someone running their hands through her hair she sighed in contentment and snuggled up to the person she was with, taking in a deep breath she knew it was the sweet smell of her mother. "hey vi" nat whispered, violet just groaned in a response and shifted around. "i'll go make you some breakfast okay?" nat said, violet just nodded and whispered a small "thank you" still tired and waking up.

after a few minutes she was more awake and remembered what happened last night. uh oh nat was probably gonna ask about that. oh well. she looked around her before getting up and grabbing a hoodie not bothering to check whose it was. she walked into the kitchen following the smell of sweet waffles. after both nat and violet had eaten they went training.

in the training room violet was half way through focusing on destroying a punching bag when her mind wondered back to her nightmare. she steadied the punching bag and huffed in annoyance, why couldn't she just be normal and not have nightmares about what happened back then, why did she have to be so different? nat who had been doing her own thing also let her mind wonder as to why her daughter was so distraught during the night. she knew it was a nightmare but what about? you see violet wasn't actually her biological daughter, but to nat she felt like one - they shared a very close relationship yet she didn't push violet much about her life before nat decided to show up. they both had their secrets, nat hadn't shared about her time in the red room and violet hadn't shared about her time in HYDRA.

however nat was determined to talk to violet about her nightmare as she was worried.

~later~

violet was on her bed casually watching a movie when her mum came in "hey honey, can we talk?" nat said, 'oh shit oh shit oh shit don't cry don't cry don't cry' was the only thing going through violets mind. (honestly same) "okayyy" she said pretending to be unbothered and failing miserably. nat came and sat down next to her as violet paused the movie.

"you probably know what i'm going to ask, now you don't have to tell me right away, but if you don't tell me whatsoever i can't help" nat said violet nodded and let nat speak again "so what was the nightmare about sweetheart, i haven't seen you that scared before and i'm worried" nat half asked half admitted. violet took in a deep breath as memories flooded her head once again, making her eyes tear up just at the thought.

"i um well you see before you- a while before you" violet started "i was in hydra" her voice cracked "and they obviously experimented on me and tortured me, and it was more a memory than a nightmare and i was kinda nervous to tell you about it because now you probably don't want me around and i feel really out of place because i have nightmares and they aren't normal, right? and then-" violet rambled letting everything out along with a few tears. nat cut her off by hugging her and whispering "oh my baby, everything's okay now yeah? your not there and i'm here with you and i would never ever get rid of you because i love you to much to do that" nat said already anticipating what was coming next, she kissed violets forehead, "and having nightmares is normal especially if you have gone through that okay? you wanna know something?" nat said violet nodded as an answer to her question, "i have nightmares too" at this violet looked up at her mum, "you do?" she asked "yes i do, and they are also more like memories" nat said "memories of what" violet inquired slightly confused.

"in the past i had done many questionable things with questionable people, the red room, you've probably heard of them because they worked with hydra at some point (a/n: let's just make this part up :) lol) well i was raised to be a weapon the best of the best, and i was. but then clint found me and gave me another chance" nat admitted, violet just hugged nat tighter as a thank you for opening up and she recognised that it was probably hard for her too.

"if you ever need anything or if anything is bothering you, i'm always here my love, and i will never ever judge you" nat said, "now do you want to carry on the movie you were watching?" she said, violet nodded but made no move to let nat go. they resumed the movie still in an embrace with a few sniffles from violet.