• 3

• Kaye POV •

"Hayes!" I yelled, once I saw Hayes going towards the group of boys. I watched as he yelled and that's when he swung at them.

I'm over here with a hurting ankle and my boyfriend is over there beating on some guy who threw a football at my back. I'm sure it was an accident, but Hayes didn't care.

"Hayes!" I yelled again. A policeman broke them up and Hayes stomped back over to me. "What the hell."
I snapped at him. "Let's go." He snapped, helping me.

"I'm fine." I snapped, getting his hand off of me. "You're going to make it worse." He rolled his eyes. Seeing that I was the one in a lot of pain, I don't see why he has this attitude towards me.

"I said I'm fine." I raised my voice. He huffed and threw me over his shoulder. "You're not fine." He mumbled. Usually, I would fight back, but I'm pretty sure he would fight me, seeing how he's really mad.

Just kidding. He wouldn't actually fight me.

Once we got to the car, he put me down and I got in there.

The car ride home was silent. The whole time I just stared out the window with no thoughts whatsoever.

When we got home, he helped me upstairs to our room. "I'll be up in a minute." He said softly, before leaving our room.

I sighed sitting on the bed.

I was laying on my bed until I heard Hayes yelling. I stood up and hopped over to the ledge in the hallway.

"Dude what happened?" Nash asked.

"I screwed up." I heard Hayes. "I tried to make everything perfect and it didn't go good. I finally got her out of the house after months and the first time she goes out, she gets a door slammed into her ankle, a door to her head and a football to her back! I just wanted tonight to be perfect and I ruined it!" He yelled.

"Then on top of that I let my anger take over me and I ended up getting in a fight!" He added. I sighed and went back to our room. I took my dress off and slipped on Hayes' T-shirt.

I laid down waiting for Hayes so he could wrap my ankle and so that I could talk to him. Believe it or not, I enjoyed this date. I didn't need a fancy dinner, or any special place to go. I had the best guy I know with me and that was enough.

cheesy.

I mean, Yeah I have a bump on my head, sure I have a swollen ankle and yes, maybe I have a bruised lower back, but it was worth it because for the first time in months I got to speak to my boyfriend without any interruptions, aside from the football incident.

Hayes came up and he looked so disappointed in himself. He sat on the bed and wrapped my ankle. He went to get up, but I pulled him back down. "I have to get ice for your head." He sighed.

"I hate ice." I said. "Right." He said.

"Thank you for tonight." I said. "You're just saying that." He mumbled. "Hayes, I didn't want a perfect date. I love having funny stories to look back on or funny stories to tell our kids one day. I know you wanted this to be perfect, but sometimes having things go wrong makes it ten times better." I said.

"I just don't want to disappoint you and make it seem like I'm not trying." He said. "Baby, I know how hard you try every single day. It's me we're talking about, I would have been fine with Taco Bell and a Justin Bieber movie." I said.

He chuckled and I scooted over beside him. "Give me a kiss and tell me you did a good job with this date." I said. He gave me a kiss and said, "I did a good job with this date."