• 12

• Kaye POV •

"Can we go get ice cream?" I asked Hayes as we left the pizza parlor. "I'm so tired." He groaned. "I guess you can drive home, then I'll go by myself." I sighed. He looked at me, before pulling out of the parking lot. "I bet the boys want ice cream." I said. "They're not even awake." He chuckled.

I turned around and saw both boys sleep in their car seats "Wish I had kids who didn't sleep so early." I mumbled, folding my arms. "Okay one, they're kids and two, you sleep all day!" Hayes yelled, laughing. One of the boys started crying and I turned around to see Dallas. "You woke him up, so now we have to get ice cream." I told him.

"That has nothing to do with anything." He said. I took my seatbelt off and turned around, giving Dallas a sippy cup. He threw it down and continued to cry. "Okay well fine." I told him, turning back around in my seat. I looked at Hayes, who was laughing. "Your son is evil." I told him.

"Look at Alex, sound asleep, not like Dallas." I told him. "Okay Kalyn." He chuckled. I watched as he pulled into the store and he parked the car. "I'm going to get your ice cream and a few other things. Stay with my evil child and your quiet child." He said. I laughed and nodded.

He got out and I got out, going to Dallas' side of the door. I unstrapped him and picked him up. He screamed louder in my face and I watched as people walked by, giving me dirty looks. I rolled my eyes and got in the passengers seat.

I sat him on my lap and he laid his head on my chest. I rubbed his back and he started to calm down. Hayes soon came back and he put the bags on the floor. "I see you calmed him down without me." He said. "I can do anything." I smirked. I got out and strapped him back in his car seat.

I got back in the front and Hayes droves home. "Hayes, the doors opened." I said. He looked at the door and took his seatbelt off. "Wait here." He said. I nodded and he got out of the car, going to the door. I watched as he walked in and I looked around, before locking the doors.

This neighborhood was actually kind of creepy. Hayes came out and motioned me to get out. I unlocked the door and got out. "Are the parents not home?" I asked. "They're not staying here anymore, remember?" He asked. The parents thought they were a bother so they decided to stay at our old house before everyone moved out of it. It was a good thing Cameron and Nash still owned it.

"Babe, that scares me.. why is that door opened?" I asked. "I probably forgot to lock it. The door opens like that sometimes." He said. I nodded and he carried the boys inside. I locked the door and put the alarm on. I didn't feel comfortable and this was my own house.

"Babe, are you coming up?" Hayes asked. He came downstairs and I looked at him. "Stop worrying." He said. I nodded and we started walking upstairs. "Wait, I forgot the ice cream and stuff." He said. I went downstairs with him and he chuckled. "Scared?" He asked. "Very much." I pouted my lips.

He took my hand and turned off the alarm before we walked outside to the car. I looked around, making sure no one was around. "Stop being paranoid, I won't let anyone hurt you." Hayes told me. I nodded and we walked back inside. I locked the door and put the alarm back on and Hayes went to the kitchen.

"Hayes." I said. I looked at the pictures on the wall and he came over. "What?" He asked. "The pictures are switched, they weren't like this. I know because it looks stupid this way." I said. "It's a few pictures babe, my mom probably did that or something." He said. "No Hayes." I hook my head. "Look, stop trying to find reasons something is wrong." He said.

I sighed and nodded. We walked back upstairs and I got undressed. "Come shower with me." I said. "This day is just getting better. First pizza and now this." He smirked. I laughed and turned the shower on. I took my undergarments off and I looked at Hayes who stared down at my body.

"Hayes stop." I laughed. "No, baby. What happened to your back?" He asked. "There's like a bruise." He said, rubbing his hand against my lower back. I looked in the mirror and shrugged. "I probably got that when I hit my back on the table this morning." I said.

"Are you sure, did someone hit you?" He asked. "Stop worrying." I said. We got in the shower and I kissed him. I grabbed my shampoo and started washing my hair. I heard a glass break and I jumped. Hayes quickly got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist.

I put my robe on and I watched as he grabbed something from the closet. He came out with a gun and my eyes widened. "Hayes, what the fuck is a gun doing in our house?" I snapped. He told me to be quiet and we walked out of the room. We checked the boys room and they were sound asleep.

"It was probably from downstairs." I asked him. He pushed me in the boys room and went to close the door, but I stopped him. "Let me come with you." I said. "It's probably nothing and if it's something, you have to be with the boys." He said.

I nodded and he closed the door. I opened the door and quietly walked downstairs. I walked in the kitchen and Hayes turned around, jumping. "What are you doing?" He asked. "I didn't want you-" He cut me off. "Kalyn, I have a gun, you don't. If there was someone in the house, you could get hurt." He said.

"So protective." I said. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I kissed him. "Everything is fine, the glass cup fell, but I'm pretty sure the wind knocked it down." He said, pointing to the open window. I nodded and cleaned up the glass.

We walked back upstairs and got dressed. I put his shirt on and laid down on the bed. I grabbed the tub of ice cream and Hayes laid beside me. He grabbed the bag and started eating Oreos. "I love ice cream." I smiled, eating my ice cream.

He turned the tv on and I watched as he passed dance moms. "Hayes, put it on please." I said. "Since you said please." He said, putting it on. He wrapped his arm around me and I laid my head on his chest. "I'm done." I said, putting my Ice cream on the dresser.

I ate his Oreos and he glared at me. "I love you." I told him. He puckered his lips out and I sat up kissing him. I laid back down and he rested his hand on my butt. He pulled my shirt up, revealing my black lace underwear and I looked at him. "Your hands are cold." I told him.

He chuckled and shrugged. "Should have worn pants." He said. "You hate when I wear pants." I said. "You're right." He chuckled. We laid down and he cuddled me into his chest. "I love you." He told me.

I knew I was being paranoid, but being in Hayes' arms made me feel safe.

•••••••••••••••••••

Hi babes ! how is everything? any drama in your lives, wow I wanna know! hahaha love you!