• 22

This pic is just omg 💓💓

• Kaye POV •

"So, this is my favorite place?" I asked looking around. "It's unhealthy, but it's your favorite." He chuckled. "So, what do I get?" I asked. He told me he would order and I nodded, sitting down.

A girl walked in and she smiled waving at me. "Hey Kaye, where's Hayes?" She asked. "Oh um at home." I said. "So why hasn't he been in class?" She asked. I didn't know what she was talking about so I just shrugged. "Oh, so are you coming to the next banquet? I would hate for Hayes to be alone." She said.

I sat there giving her a confused look and Matthew came over. "Oh, who is this?" She asked. "Matthew." I said. "Does Hayes know?" She smirked. "Can I get your name?" I asked her. "It's me, Barbara." She said with an attitude. "And who are you to me?" I asked. "You're just my very close friends girlfriend." She said. "She lost her memory in a car accident, so she doesn't remember you." Matthew told her and I looked away from her.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around." She said and walked away. "Who was that?" I asked Matthew. "Barbara, you used to complain to me about her all the time." He chuckled. "I'm guessing we don't get along." I said. "Nope." He shook his head.

They called our number and Matthew got up grabbing the tray. "That's a lot." I said laughing a bit. "You have lots of favorites." He chuckled. "What's that?" I asked pointing to the blue cup that said 'Mcflurry' I don't know why, but I felt like I've had it before. "It's just cookies and ice cream." He said. I watched as he took a fry and dipped it in.

"Um." I said. He held it up to my mouth and I shook my head. "Try it." He said. I took the fry and it was really good. "Wow, is that something I do? Because if it is I'm so great." I said laughing a bit. "The summer when you turned fourteen, you had had everyone try it. I'm pretty sure Hayes was the first one you made try it." He said.

"Do you know anything about?" I asked curious. "I just know Hayes was doing it and he told us how you made him try it." He said. I nodded my head and continued to eat it. I looked down at the burger and took a bite. "I really like this place." I said. "Want to know your favorite part?" He asked and I nodded my head.

He handed me a drink and I took a sip. "Wow." I said. "You know, I had this in the hospital, but it didn't taste this amazing." I said. "You used to argue everyone down when we said all sprite was the same, apparently it's not the same." He said. "It's not." I shook my head, taking more of it.

(AN: If you don't taste the difference you need a new tongue lol. McDonald's sprite is my one and only omg ❤️❤️)

After we finished eating, we got in his car and he started driving. "Matthew, do we have a lot of great memories?" I asked. "Tons." He smiled. "You know if you want to watch or see a lot of your memories, there's a lot on your lap top." He said. I nodded my head and kept quiet.

"Do you and Hayes get along?" I asked him. "Not really." He shrugged. "Why not?" I asked. "It's complicated." He said. I nodded and looked out the window. When we got back to the house, I thanked Matthew and opened the door. He came to my side and helped me out and I thanked him again.

I walked inside and I saw Hayes on the couch. "Hi." I smiled, softly. "How was it?" He asked. "I learned that I like sprite and dipping my French fries in ice cream." I said and he chuckled. "Wish I could've seen your face." He said. "I was a little iffy, but it was good." I said.

"I said the same thing when you told me to try it." He chuckled. "I'm going to go lay down, goodnight Hayes." I said. "Goodnight Kaye." He smiled. I went to my room and laid down. I looked around for a lap top and I saw one on the dresser. "Kaye." Hayes called. I looked up at the door and he soon walked in.