• 8

Next Morning

• Hayes POV •

"You look cute." I told Kaye, kissing her on the cheek. "Thanks babe." She said. She put on her heels, before taking one more glance in the mirror.

"Holy shit, did I tell you what Madison decided to do?" She asked me. "No, what is she doing?" I asked. "She dropped out of school and is moving back here." She said. "Like, for good?" I asked.

"Yeah, she said she got lazy and wanted to stay home and eat chips." She said. I started laughing and she shook her head. "Oh Madison." I laughed. "Well, at least you get to see her like everyday." I said.

"Yeah, until she kills me because I'm so annoying." She said. "True." I shrugged. She gave me a look before fixing my tie. "I wish I could be there." She frowned. "You're not missing anything." I said.

"I'm going to try to be there, I promise." She said. She looked at me before smiling. "Perfect." She said. "When am I not?" I asked. "Don't push it Grier." She pointed a finger.

"Let's go." She said. I nodded and we went downstairs. Melissa was feeding the boys and mom was cleaning up the kitchen. "Aw, m-" I stopped mom. "Before you say anything embarrassing, just know I'm a man now." I said. They started to laugh, but I was being serious.

"Such a big boy now." Mom said pinching my cheeks. "Mom." I blushed.

After we ate, I grabbed my bag and got in the drivers seat. "Thanks for the help." Kaye said opening the back down. "Oh right, we have kids." I chuckled, trying to cover up my mistake, with probably an even bigger mistake.

"I already got it, loser." She said, getting in the passengers seat. "So, I heard Barbara is going.." Kaye trailed. I chuckled, shaking my head. "She's not single babe." I said. "Doesn't mean she won't open her legs for you." She mumbled.

"Kalyn!" I yelled laughing. "Seriously, you're overreacting." I said. "I'm just saying." She shrugged, looking down at her phone. "Stop worrying, I don't worry when you're at the studio with that Scott guy." I said. "Yes you do!" She said laughing.

"Okay well you're hot and he's your type, I have a reason. Barbara is older than me and isn't my type. you worry for no reason." I said. "Be quiet Benjamin." She said. "You're just mad because I'm right." I smiled.

I pulled into the daycare parking lot and Kaye took a deep breathe. "The day is going to go by fast." She reassured herself. I got out of the car and got the kids out. "They'll be okay." I told Kaye kissing her.

"You know who else I'm worried about?" She asked. "Who?" I asked curious as to who else she thinks is going to 'take me away from her'. "That day care girl, she was checking you out." She said.

I shook my head and opened the door. I let go off Alex's hand and waited for him to walk in. He looked up at me, then down. "See, I don't think we should leave them here." Kaye said. "You worry a lot, calm down." I said.

I picked Alex up, taking Dallas' hand and walked in. "This must be you guys' first day." A girl smiled. We nodded and she took us to the room the boys would be in.

She showed us where their stuff would go, where we sign in and everything else. "I'll take them." One of the girls in there said. Kaye looked at me and I chuckled, putting them down. She took their hands and Alex started to cry.

Kaye went to go pick him up, but I grabbed her wrist. "No." I told her. "So, I will be seeing you guys...?" She trailed. "Five." I told her. She nodded and we thanked her. I intertwined Kaye's and I hands and walked out.

"I didn't get to say bye." She frowned. "If I would have let you, you wouldn't have left them." I said. "You're right." She sighed. We got in the car and I drove to the dance studio.