• 25

• Hayes POV •

"How is she doing?" Nash asked me. "Better, she remembers a few things about herself." I shrugged. "That's good." He said. I nodded my head and turned my head back to the tv.

The door opened and Kaye walked in with Matthew. "Hey Hayes, hey Nash." She smiled. "What are you guys up to?" I asked curious as to why they are together still. "Matt took me to a few places we used to go." She said. "Like where?" I asked. "Secret." Matthew chuckled and Kaye started laughed.

"Okay." I said. Kaye sat down on the couch beside me and smiled at me. "You're cute when you're mad." She told me. "I'm not mad." I said. "Okay you're cute when you're jealous." She smirked. "I'm not-" She cut me off. "That's what they all say." She said.

"Why are you here?" I asked. "Well there's a party-" I cut her off. "If you think you're going you're not." I said. "What do you mean? You're not my dad." She said. "Was this your idea?" I asked Matthew. "She wants to have fun." He said. "And you exactly know partying is not going to help nor is it a good idea." I said.

They just looked at me and Kaye got up. "So why can't I go out? I'm with Matthew." She asked. "Because you get crazy when you're drunk." I said. "No, the old Kaye got crazy when she was drunk." She said. "Kalyn, you're not going to a club." I said. She rolled her eyes and walked over to Matthew.

"I'm going." She said. She walked out the house and my eyes went to Matthew. "What the hell is wrong with you." I snapped. "Okay, what am I doing wrong?" He asked. "You know what happens when she's drink." I said. "Do you not trust me? I won't let anything bad happen to her hayes." He said.

I didn't trust him, I didn't trust the fact that he wouldn't try anything with Kaye when she's drunk. I know what happens when she's drunk, she can't control herself and neither can anyone else. I know something bad is going to happen and I won't be there to stop it.

"I don't trust you." I said. "I knew it." He scoffed. "I can't, I'm sorry." I said. "Nothing bad is going to happen to her." He said and left. I looked at Nash, who was staring down at his phone. I went to ask him a question but he stopped me.

"I don't want to get in this." He said. "You're not getting into anything." I said. "Oh, ask away." He chuckled. "Am I being paranoid? Should I trust him?" I asked. "Matthew has done some pretty messed up things, but he wouldn't do that to you and you know he'll keep Kaye safe." He said. "What if they get drunk and he takes her home and they-" He stopped me.

"Matthew is practically a stranger to her, she won't have sex with him." He said. "That doesn't matter if she's drunk." I said. "Stop thinking about it bro, it's fine." He said. I sighed and laid my head back. "What if she-" He cut me off. "Hayes stop it." He said. He got up and went upstairs and I was left there to think.

The door opened and mom walked in. "Where are the twins?" She asked me. "Kaye's parents took them out." He said. "What is Kaye doing why aren't you with her?" She asked. "She's with Matthew." I mumbled. "Don't be like that." She said once she saw me getting more irritated.

"It's bullshit." I mumbled. "Hayes." She said. "It is, why does he want to hangout with her so mad. He wants to be with her all the time now. He obviously thinks he's getting another chance to he with her." I said. "Hayes, he's doing what everyone else is doing." She said. "I don't want Kaye to be close with him, not again." I said.

"Go out and get your mind off of things." She said. I nodded my head and went upstairs. My phone started ringing and I looked down to see it was Barbara. I answered it and I could hear loud music in the background. I said her name, but she wasn't answering. I hung up and changed into something else.