• 17

I turned around and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. "What are you doing?"

~

I looked over to see Hayes on one knee, holding something behind his back. "Kaye." He started out. I looked around and saw everyone staring at Hayes and I. "I love you and I think you know this, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He continued. "Wow this is so romantic." I said sarcastically. "Let me finish." He snapped. I folded my arms and he continued. "Will you do me the honor of getting me some more water." He said and held out a glass up.

Everyone started laughing and so did I. "Very funny." I said and he got up, wrapping his arms around my neck. "That was actually really funny." I told him. "When I ask you, it's going to be amazing." He said. I've been waiting for Hayes to ask, I always avoid the topic, but I really do want to marry Hayes.

"But for real babe, can you get me some water." Hayes chuckled. "Fine." I said taking the cup. I started walking to the kitchen, but then I heard someone talking. "I'm going to tell her." I heard Kacy. "You have to tell we today." Mom told her.

"What are you doing." Matthew whispered and I jumped. "Can you get the fuck." I laughed. We walked in and everyone's eyes went to me. "Kaye, can we talk?" Kacy asked. "Where's the bitchy attitude?" I snapped. "Kalyn, just go talk to her." Mom said. I rolled my eyes and followed Kacy out back.

"What?" I asked. "The reason I'm out here is to tell you that Drew passed, I thought it would be easier for you if you were around your family-" I cut her off. "How sick can you get? Do you honestly think I believe that. Malcolm would have told me if that were true." I snapped. This was a new low for Kacy and I was honestly disgusted by the fact that she would even make something like that up.

"Kaye I'm not lying." She said. I looked at her and she wasn't how she usually is, she looked upset. "No." I shook my head. "I wouldn't lie about this Kalyn." She said. My eyes started to water and I stared down at the floor. "What happened?" I asked. "There was a drunk driver and he crashed into his car." She said.

I rushed inside, going straight to my room. "Kaye." I heard. I went upstairs to my room and slammed the door shut. I slid down the door and started crying. I've never dealt with a death like this, other than my grandparents, but they were old, I knew it was coming. I wasn't prepared to have my brother taken from me like that.

I heard knocking and I ignored it. "Kaye, it's me." I heard. It was Cameron. I stood up and opened the door. Before I could say anything, he was wrapping his arms around my neck. I cried into his chest and he hugged me tightly. "He didn't deserve that cam." I cried. "I know." He told me. Hugging Cameron right now made me think about losing him and that's something I couldn't live with.

"That could happen to you Cameron and-" He cut me off. "Don't you dare say that, it's not going to happen to me. Okay? I'm going to be here until I die of old age." He said. "You can't promise me that." I cried. "I promise Kalyn." He said. "Cameron stop, you can't." I knew him being here tomorrow, or the next day wasn't guaranteed, but I'm praying to god I don't lose him this early like I did Drew.

"Look at me." He said. I pulled away and looked at him. "You're always going to have Drew." He said. "It's not the same." I shook my head, more tears coming out. "Kalyn." He sighed. "See Cameron, you know it's not." I cried. "Drew is in a safer and better place, he's probably looking down at you right now." He said.

"Don't see leave me Cameron, I don't know what I would so without you." I said and he hugged me again. "I can't believe I'm actually touching you." He joked, trying to make me laugh. "So mean." I said, laughing a bit. "But you love me." He said. "A lot." I nodded my head. "I love you and hate seeing you cry, so please cheer up for me." He said and kissed my head. I nodded and pulled away.

We walked to the living room and Hayes hugged me. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded, I was okay, but I was really upset at the same time. "I love you." He said as kissed me. I sat on the couch beside Cameron and he put his arm around me. I laid my feet out and put the cover over myself.

"We planned to go out." Carter spoke you. "You guys can go, I'll probably catch up with you guys later." I said. I wanted them to have fun and me being around them whole I'm like this will just being them down. "Go." I told Hayes. "The twins." He said. "I got it." I said. He nodded and they all got ready to go.

"You sure you don't mind?" Matthew asked. I shook my head and they left. "Where's Nash? I miss him." I asked Cameron. "What. Am I not good enough?" He asked. "No." I said and laughed. "He's on his way over, he stopped to get a few things." He said. I nodded and stood up, taking the twins out of their play pin.

"I want some French fries." I groaned, laying back down on the couch. "Are you pregnant?" Cameron asked and I started laughing because everyone thinks that. "Hayes and I haven't had sex in almost six months." I laughed. "Ew! I didn't need to ear all that!" He yelled disgusted. Mom came in and Cameron looked her way. "Mom, Kalyn is talking about her sex life and I'm so disgusted." He complained to her.

"All I said is that we haven't had s-" He cut me off. "I don't want to hear it again!" He yelled covering his ears. "Oh Cameron." Mom shook her head. "Hey, I'm going to do a little shopping." Elizabeth told mom. "I need to do some shopping also." Mom said. "Can you buy me some razors?" I asked. "You know Andrea uses razors." Cameron said. "I use razors." He added.

"No one cares." I said. He kicked me off the couch and I glared at him. "Cameron!" Mom scolded. I started hitting him with pillows and he eventually got up. I got on the couch with mom and he stopped. "Well never mind." He mumbled sitting down and I laughed. "You guys need to stop acting like kids." Mom said, getting up.

The door opened and Nash came in with Maya. He set the bags down and I stood up. He hugged me and I took in his nice scent. "You always do give the best hugs." I told him. "Well then." Cameron said. I pulled away and Nash handed me the bag. "Just you know some ice cream and cookies." He shrugged.

(AN: Who do you think hugs better Nash or Cameron)

"This is why I like you better than Cameron." I smiled sitting on the cocuh. Cameron gave me a look and Nash chuckled. "I gave him tell money to but it." He folded his arms. "Thanks brotha." I said. Dallas stood up and walked over to Nash. "You're his favorite." I told Nash. I looked over at Alex who continued to play with a sock.

"Alex." Cameron said. Alex looked his way and smiled, standing up. Cameron held his arms out for him and Alex started to walk over to him. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a spoon. "Hey Kaye, where did you get that bruise?" Cameron asked, as soon as I entered the room. "I don't know." I shrugged. "You should get that looked at." He said.

"Let me see." Nash said. I teen around and lifted my shirt to where he could see it. "Ouch, so it hurt?" He asked. I shook my head and started eating my ice cream.

"Share." Cameron said and I shook my head. He took the tub of ice cream and started eating it. "Cameron!" I whined trying to take it. I finally got a hold of it and continued to eat it. "Wow, they're going to be two soon." Cameron said, picking Alex up as soon as he was in reach.

"Time goes by fast."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey lil mamas! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!

OMG You Now was actually really fun yesterday, I love you guys xxxxx