Chapter 13: Independence or nothing

"Hello! Welcome to the stream, how's everyone doin'?" Comet opens the stream with her face cam on, a bright smile on her face, bringing chat into a brighter mood. Her viewers sending happy faces and "hello"s and "hi"s.

She was nervous for her first stream after all the drama with the Dream SMP, but she was glad her viewers welcomed her back with their positive attitude as always.

It was approximately 1 week since the clear up of the incident, she sometimes found threats targetting her on her social media, thankfully their were coping mechanisms such as, netflix and ice cream.

"Today, we are, properly, joining the Dream SMP! It is such an honor, Dream is such a good guy, and I'm sure his SMP is full of good people like him" She said, Wilbur in the background on the very top platform of a cat tower, Tofu yawning at the bottom.

*

The familiar taiga biome was the first thing she saw, and then 3 men with black suits looking straight at her, as if they were waiting for her. One had a messy beard and tanned skin, another had a smiley face and pale skin , and lastly, a man with no facial features except a pair of goggles on his face.

<Jschlatt> join vc

<OrpheliaComet> new server who dis?

She smiled at her response, it was a reasonable response. It showed her reasoning and her question, it was a perfect response in her case.

<Jschlatt> just join the fuking vc

<OrpheliaComet> mkay

Disrupting the stream for a second, Comet opened the discord icon and joined the vc, and the first thing that welcomed her was an array of laughs and people out of breath.

"SHE JUST USED AN OUTDATED MEME ON YOU!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

"That's gonna get clipped for sure"

"SHUT UP! SHE'S HERE!"

Silence went on for a few minutes, it was an awkward silence, Comet heard the entire thing. She didn't know quite what to do now, so she just decided to pull up the minecraft tab right about now to see the 3 men staring at her character with mild interest as far as she could assume it as curiousity.

"Hey there, you must be Comet. My name is Schlatt. Welcome to the server" Schlatt introduced himself

"Nice to meet you?" Comet said nervously, confused of their antics already.

"It is, and since I am the president of a lovely neighboring country around here, we decided it'd be nice to give you a warm welcome, as well as a tour, of course!" Sclatt passionately said, while the 2 men beside him nodded in agreement.

"Now, that's Quakity and the goggles is George-Moving on" their characters moved outside of the wall, while she followed, chat warning her with "bad men", and "Gogy".

They lead her to a wooden slab path, which stemmed to many lengths, to many structures, to many houses and greenery.

"Now, this is the Prime path! Its basically just a road" Quakity said, answering the brimming questions in her mind.

"Waw"

"Yeah-Now here we are at Manburg!" Schlatt announced showing the proud country he ruled over.

"Now I'd like to know your thoughts about it" Turning to her direction, he found that Comet was straight up just looking at Prime path rather than the country itself.

"It's beautiful"

"STOP LOOKING AT THE GOD DAMN ROAD!"

"okay" looking up from the glorious road, she saw buildings, a podium, a colorful bunch, and oddly, a suited-up Tubbo?

"Sclatt! Schlatt! I finished the papers!" Smiling at his enthusiam, she ran over to his form as they both sneeked in harmony.

"Oh-Hey, Comet!" Tubbo said happily as they both gave each other playful punches.

"Tubbo!"

"Comet!"

"Tubbo?"

"Comet?"

"...Tubbo"

"...Comet"

"Tubbo!"

"Comet!"

"HAHAHHAHAHA-I'm sorry, it's just that-HAHAHA" Quakity couldn't keep it in as they watch the interaction in front of them, ruining the moment.

"Okay-Tubbo, you finished those reports I gave you?" Schlatt smirked at Tubbo as he nodded.

"Well then you can join us with Comet's tour"

"YAYYYY!" Tubbo cheered as he joined the tour with them.

"Anyways, this is Manburg, you're welcome to live here, just make sure you pay your taxes of course" Schlatt rambled on about the taxes and funds that she needed to provide in staying in Manburg, but she was already invited to live somewhere else.

"What are you passionate about, Comet" Schlatt asked, wanting to know a bit more to coax Comet into becoming their ally.

"Not really sure yet, maybe I'll build something ridiculous over there soon" Comet said, motioning to a certain direction between the wilderness and Manburg.

"Good, just know that I'll accept any decision you make as long as you side with Manburg" Schlatt said before tossing a book and quil at her, which had been titled as Manburg contract.

"What's this?" She asked, reading the book of its contents.

"It's just proof of agreement that you side with our nation, while opposing the nations that oppose ours"

"What's pogtopia?" Comet asked, finishing the 20 paged book, leaving it unsigned.

"Uh..Just a small group that doesn't like Manburg" Quakity hid behind George after Comet stared at him with a hint of annoyance in her eyes.

"As long as they don't mess with my builds, we're cool" Comet said, signing the contract and tossing it back to Schlatt, who had a chesire cat smile on his face.

*

After leaving the discord call, Comet was left to wander the Dream SMP. She found herself exploring the forest and collecting items along the way.

But she found herself something unexpected, a honey brown colored panda along the shrubbery. She smiled before saying:

"Why hello there, Rambo"

*

Author's notes:
Schlatt's cat: adorable
Minx's cat: adorable
Patches: Queen👑