Chapter 19: The Last "King"

It was dark—pitch black if he was being honest.

It was another time of his travels.

Then he saw light.

*

His eyes slowly fluttered open to see the bright blue sky. Hearing the chirps of nearby birds, he stood up from the soft grass he landed on.

Ruffling his hair, his brown eyes looked forward to see a far land, the fairest land he had ever set his eyes upon, with one thing in particular, which had caught his eye. A large tree with strangely, shining blue leaves and vines that seemed to envelop the land he saw. It looked like the village was built around the tree in hopes of a form of connection with it.

Dusting off his signature multicolored hoodie with his own little rectangular swirl on his chest, Karl explored his surroundings while also heading towards the village.

The closer he came to the village, the more ruins he saw of old buildings, as well as tomb stones.

The tree he had seen far out was much larger than he had ever expected. The leaves and vines he saw up close seemed to shimmer and glow periodically. The light branches that stemmed throught out the tree had blue viens, which had the same effect of the said leaves.

His footsteps drew him closer and closer to the village, until he was stopped by a large stone gate, which connected to a large wall around the village.

"Who the hell are you?"

Karl looked up to direction of the voice to see a man, suited in netherite armor, and underneath looked like a white polo shirt and black pants. The man, who seemed to be a guard, had dark semi-long hair and a short beard, as well as heterochromatic eyes of gray and gold.

"I said: WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

Forgetting that he was being questioned, Karl had jumped at the increased in volume.

"M-My name is Karl Jacobs!" He stuttered his words as the man gave him a bored look and took out a clipboard, his eyes scanning through the words written upon it.

"You don't seem to be on the list, so what the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm on tour! and decided to visit this land"

"Hm..tell me, what's the name of this country?"

"Uhhh"

"Knew it, give me one good reason not to shoot you where you stand right now" Aiming his enchanted crossbow onto the meek boy, Cryo waited for his answer.

"I—uhh...have goods to trade!" Karl said at the heat of the moment as he searched his own hoodie for goods. His hand grasped a smooth surface and pulled out a golden apple.

"Is that an apple?"

"No, Its a Golden apple!" Karl said with a smile to the glaring Guard as he pulled a lever, which made Karl jump as the stone gate started to open.

Karl was soon met with said guard face to face, as the man walked over to him and took the apple from his hand and took a bite out of it and munched on the prestine fruit.