Chapter 24: I'm taking your shoes

Wilbur sat calmly on his plush chair as he waited for her to start talking.

She kept looking up from her hot chocolate to meet his eyes and then swiftly return to the muddy brown liquid.

How did she get there?

*

She kept running and running aalong the lamp lit streets.

Why was she running?

Who was she running from?

What was she running from?

She didn't know, all she felt was fear.

So she did what she always did when she was scared, she ran.

Like how she ran from her parents..

How she ran from her brother..

How she ran from all her problems..

Until she bumped into him.

Wilbur, who looked down at her tear soaked face and her disheveled appearance. He knew immediately she was unwell, not that it wasn't obvious.

*

Apparantly he took it upon himself to be her "budget therapist" until he deemed her mentally stable enough to go back and face her friends, who had bombarded her phone with questions about her whereabouts and apologies to their actions.

Looking down on her lap, layed Wilbur the cat, while Humanbur sat in front of her with his legs crossed, glasses on, and notebook and pen on hand.

It was a long while of silence between the 2, while Catbur was permitted to be her emotional support throughout this process.

"When you told me you wanted to talk about it, I thought you were actually going to start talking instead of sitting down and staring at your cat for half an hour" he said with a still smile on his face, she petted Wilbur more as she moewed up at her discomfort, and snuggling back into her stomach to calm her down.

"Sorry.." She whispered, a bit nervous from agreeing to talking about her problems like what normal people do. She was truly rethinking her decision.

He sighed at this, he knew it was going take longer than 2 days to open up to him, so might as well give it more time.

*

Its been about 4 days since that last thought, and the realisation finally came to him.

If Comet and her friends only planned to be here for about 2 weeks, and so far its been 6 days since Comet has broken down with a panic attack.

And if he remembered correctly, Chile lived in Sweden, while Zeno lived somewhere in Europe, and Katelyn and Comet lived in London.

All of their homes were very far away from their current location, clearly they had to go back at some point since they had lives, jobs, and responsibilities waiting for them, and they wouldn't leave until they Comet was okay, mentally.

And the rate of her cooperativeness towards his budget therapy, he needed to speed things up.

"Ok, get up" He said to a curled up Claudia, who has been sleeping on the couch.