It's Okay To Cry

Louis-18, Liam- 17, Zayn-17, Harry- 16, Niall- 12

The boys had been on tour for about three months, and Niall, being the youngest, was taking being away from home much harder then the older boys. 

It was Sunday, meaning the boys had the day off. Niall had woken up in a quiet cuddly mood. Immediately feeling homesick, he wouldn't cry though. Only babies cried over being away from their moms. 

Niall got out of bed, and decided to stay in his cow onesie Liam had got him and not get dressed. 

When Niall entered the living room, he found that only Liam was awake, which was pretty normal seeing how it was only 9 and the boys liked to sleep in. 

Liam was sitting on the couch, watching tv when he heard Niall enter. He looked up to see a sleepy looking Niall enter the room. His hair was all crazy and he clutched his a Irish flag blanket his mom had given him in his hand.

"Lili," Niall said, entering the room and crawling on Liams lap, straddling his waist and sticking his head in the older lads neck.

"Good morning buddy, did you sleep well baby?" Liam asked hugging the boy and rubbing his back.

Niall nodded and cuddled further into Liam.

Liam stroked his blonde hair and the two stayed cuddled up until the other boys woke up.

.

.

Louis was the first one up and entered to see Niall cuddled into Liam. 

"Good morning lads," Louis said ruffling Liams hair from behind the couch. He went and sat next to Liam.

"Lou Lou," Niall said reaching out for Louis.

Louis cooed and took the small boy from Liam, rocking him like a baby. This action would usually make Niall laugh and fuss, but he just closed his eyes and let Louis rock him. Liam glanced at Louis, both boys noticing Nialls strange demeanor.

Louis sat Niall up in his lap and Niall laid his head on the older lads shoulder. 

"Are you alright baby," Louis cooed in Nialls ear, kissing Nialls head.

Niall nodded and snuggled into Louis.

"Want you," Niall mumbled.

"I'm right here Niall, what do you mean," Louis asked, pushing Niall off his chest so Niall could look at him from his lap.

"Nooo, want you!" Niall whined, his eyes started to tear up. He just wanted to cuddle and be with the boys, but they didn't understand that.

Just then Harry walked into the room before Louis could respond to Nialls whiny tone.

"Hazzy," Niall whined, reaching his arms out for the curly lad. Harry lifted the tiny boy onto his hip and bounced him in his arms. 

"Whats with the whining I hear hmm Nialler?" Harry questioned, noticing the tears in his eyes as he held them in.

"Nooooo," Niall whined. "Just hold meee."

"I am holding you buddy, what's with this bad mood huh," Harry questioned.

"Just stoop," Niall whined, a sob caught in the back of his throat. He wouldn't cry though. He refused.

"Niall baby no one is doing anything, tell us what's wrong please, use your words," Liam said, standing up to rub Nialls back as Harry held the boy.

"Zaynie," Niall huffed. He needed Zayn. He had cuddled all the other boys and now they were questioning him. He just needed them but they didn't understand. So maybe Zayn would just hold him and not ask him what's wrong cause then he would have to explain and then he would cry. But only babies cry. 

Thankfully Zayn chose that moment to walk in the room. 

"Zaynie," Niall whimpered. The older boys all exchanged a look, having a silent conversation with one another. "Zaynie please." Niall had his arms outstretched from Harry towards Zayn. Louis still occupied the couch, a distraught look on his face as he tried to figure out what was up with the blonde. Liam was stood next to Harry, one hand still on the boys back. Harry passed Niall to Zayn. 

Wrapping his legs are Zayn's waist, and burying his head in the boys neck, Zayn carried the boy out of the living room and into his room. Zayn was good at reading the young boys emotions and knew that while he needed the other boys, he sometimes needed to be removed from them all to just have quiet. He couldn't be ushered into to telling the others what was wrong. 

Zayn nodded to the other boys signaling he had it covered and would be back.

Upon entering the room, Zayn sat on the bed and cuddled the tiny boy on his lap.

"Want you," Niall said, holding Zayn's shirt in his fists.

"You have me," Zayn replied, kissing the boys head.

Niall looked up from his spot in Zayns neck and met his older band mates eyes. Nialls bottom lip wobbled. He was so so done.

"It's okay to cry," Zayn said lightly, brushing the blonde locks out of his eyes.

With that, Niall let the dam break, sobbing into Zayn's shoulder. 

"I-I I want mummy," Niall cried.

Realization hit the boys as they could hear Niall from the other room. 

"I know baby, I know. It's hard. You're so brave. Ive got you," Zayn soothed. "We can call mummy if you'd like?"

Niall nodded, and took some staggered breaths, trying to calm down. 

Once his breathing was under control, Niall nodded at Zayn.

Zayn took that as his que to take Niall back to the others.

.

.

Upon entering the living room the boys had a movie ready to play and blankets set up. 

Niall had called his mum after the movie and felt much better. The rest of the day was spent with lots of cuddles.