Questioning

Niall- 16, Harry- 18, Other boys-19 *Narry centric 

Niall looked at himself in the mirror as he took a deep breathe. His heart pounded against his chest. Who the fuck am I?

You see, the sixteen year old was questioning his sexuality, and while he had never had a crush on another boy, he wasn't apposed to the idea.

Niall knew he might have been blowing the whole thing out of proportion. He didn't need to figure anything out right now but it felt like. 

Taking another breathe, Niall decided he needed to talk to someone. Harry. He needed to talk to his older brother Harry. 

Walking out of his room, Niall pushed himself through Harrys doorway. 

"Harry? Can I talk to you please?" Niall asked, looking at the floor as he stood in the doorway.

"Of course Ni, what's wrong? Come here," Harry asked, patting the bed for Niall to come sit next to him.

Niall hopped up on the bed and sat across from Harry, shrugging slightly.

Harry took his younger brothers hands and gave them a gentle squeeze. "Talk to me."

"S'just, I don't know I think there's something wrong with me Haz," Niall said, sniffling. 

"Hey dude no, Niall look at me, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. What are you on about?" Harry asked.

"I just feel all messed up Harry, I-I well do you think its weird that I've never had a girlfriend?" Niall asked, looking up into wise green eyes. 

"What! No Niall of course not, you're sixteen. You really don't need to have a girlfriend yet and it's okay that you haven't," Harry replied. 

"It's not okay Harry," Niall whined. "Just like I've never had a major crush on a girl and no girl has ever liked me, and I don't know maybe, maybe I might like guys too."

"You think you might be gay?" Harry asked gently. 

"I don't know Haz," Niall whimpered getting frustrated.

"Okay okay calm down it's okay. What's going on in your head Ni?" Harry asked, rubbing his thumbs over Nialls hands.

"I don't know. I think there's something wrong with me. Like I can see myself dating a girl, but I don't know. Someone's gender isn't what is gonna decide whether or not I crush on them if that makes sense. But I've never had a crush on a boy, I just think they are cute too. But I don't wanna say I'm gay or Bi and then never ever have a crush on a boy," Niall sighed, dropping his head.  

"That's totally okay Ni. You know there's more than just gay and bi, you can be pan? Where you like everyone? You could also stay unlabeled. And Ni, if you experiment around and find out that you are straight, that's okay too. You gotta find out for yourself," Harry said. 

"It's really scary though. I have people in my life who won't accept me. How am I supposed to handle that? I feel like thinking your apart of the lgbtq+ community and then finding out your actually straight isn't really acceptable if that makes sense. I've never had a crush on anyone other than a girl. So I must be straight right. Right?" Niall said. 

"You might be, and you might not be. It's a part of finding yourself Niall, you gotta just go with the flow and see what works best for you. Be who you are and love who you want. The people who don't accept that aren't worth it," Harry said, reaching over and hugging him.

"Thanks Harry," Niall said, hugging his brother tightly. 

"You can always talk to me, and if you decide you are straight, that's okay, and if you find you're not, that's okay too. It doesn't change a thing. You'll start having more crushes as you go through life. Guys, gals, and non-binary pals! Don't force it." Harry said. 

"It's just hard," Niall said, dropping his head into Harrys neck.

"I know," Harry said, hoping that was enough.

And it was. 

XX

HAPPY PRIDE MY RAINBOW FRIENDS!!!!

If you feel like it lmk how you came to know your sexuality, and please leave advice for questioning people.... :)

I'm proud of each and everyone of you and you're all welcome here. Love is love.

I hope you know its okay to not know who you are and to still be finding yourself. 

Love whoever the fuck you want. Be whoever you wanna be. 

It's okay to not know.

You are loved and you are worth it. 

Love love love yourself and others unconditionally.

<3