A Little Left Out Part 1

Niall- 12, Harry- 16, Zayn- 17, Liam- 17, Louis- 18

For onedirectionsgolden

XX

It was a normal day in the Tomlinson household. The five brothers were off doing their own thing. It was currently Saturday, and it was raining outside, much to little Nialls displeasure.

The brothers were all very close, their parents had died earlier on and Louis, being the oldest, took care of the younger ones. Everything worked. Most of the time.

Niall wondered out of his room, looking for attention, maybe even just a cuddle. He didn't care, he just didn't want to be alone.

Niall walked to the first door which was Harrys room. he pushed open the door to reveal Harry and Zayn playing Xbox while Liam sat on the floor and strummed his old guitar. Niall really wanted to learn guitar.

"Niall, what the fuck, get out of my room. Can't you see the doors closed? Do you know how to knock?!" Harry yelled, throwing a pillow at his youngest brother. The older boys all laughed at that.

"Oh, s-sorry guys," Niall mumbled, closing the door and rubbing his face where the pillow had hit him quite hard. He didn't understand why his older brothers didn't want to include him when they were all already hanging out.

Niall sighed and wondered downstairs in search of Louis. He found him sat at the table with his laptop and textbook open, studying. 

"Lou Lou?" Niall made his appearance known, toddling over to his eldest brother. 

"Hey Ni boo," Louis said, he lifted the small boy up onto his lap and cuddled him.

"You studying again Lou?" Niall asked, enjoying the strong arms around him as he sat with his older brother.

"Hmm yep, mock exams next week. What are you up to hmm," Louis replied. 

"Just wanted snuggles. Someone to play with," Niall replied. 

"Well why don't you go find one of your brothers, I'm sure they would love to play with you. I have to finish this, so run along," Louis said, setting Niall back onto the kitchen floor.

"Kay," Niall sighed. He didn't want to tell Louis that he already tried to play with his brothers and got kicked out.

Niall sulked his way back to his room and laid on his bed. Tears silently fell from his eyes and he held back sobs. His own brothers didn't want him around, and that hurt more than anything. Niall cried into his pillow, wishing he was cool enough for them. 

.

.

Suddenly there was a knock at his door. "Hey Nialler, can I come in?" Niall recognized as Zayn's voice yell from behind the door.

"NO, go away Zaynie," Niall yelled.

"Why what's wrong?" Zayn asked, opening the door, and stepping in, frowning when he saw Nialls tears.

"I said go away!" Niall sobbed, throwing a pillow at Zayn. 

Zayn caught the pillow and came and sat beside his baby brother on the bed.

"Hey woah woah woah. Talk to me bud," Zayn said lifting the boy onto his lap.

Niall thrashed around in his hold.

"I-I-I DON'T WANT YOU IF YOU DON'T WANT ME! LET ME GO, let me go, Zaynie," Nialls screams turned into a whisper by the end, and he stopped fighting Zayn, openly sobbing into his chest.

Hearing the sobs, Louis was on alert and had ran upstairs to see Niall sobbing into Zayn. Liam and Harry arrived then too, watching the scene go down. 

"Shhh calm down baby, calm down," Zayn said, rubbing the boys back as he choked on sobs.

Louis stepped over, seeing how harshly the boy was crying. He sat down next to Zayn and took the small boy into his own lap. "Calm down baby you're okay. Slow it down," Louis cooed, taking the boys hand and putting into onto his chest, taking deep breathes so Niall could copy.

Niall sucked in breathes and clutched onto his brother. Once his breathing slowed and his panic was gone. Niall burst into a fresh set of tears, and hugged Louis tightly. 

Liam came and rubbed the boys back, while Zayn ran his fingers through his smooth blonde hair. Louis rocked the boy back and fourth and let him cry. Harry sat next to Zayn, looking on with worry.

The boy just couldn't seem to calm down, so Louis picked up the boy, who was tiny for a twelve year old, and bounced him on his hip, like you would a toddler. 

Niall stuffed is face into Louis' neck and wrapped his legs around Louis' waist, breathing in the scent that was home to him. 

.

.

Louis bounced and rocked the small boy until his tears dried and his eyes drooped from exhausted.  Within a few more minutes, Niall was fast asleep, his head lay limp on Louis' shoulder.

"Let him sleep, then we will talk to him. Poor thing," Louis said, laying the boy down in his bed. "You three, with me. Let's chat."