Point and Shoot

As I pulled onto the block in this big ass U-Haul truck, I lowered my music to not draw too much attention to myself

As I pulled onto the block in this big ass U-Haul truck, I lowered my music to not draw too much attention to myself. I wanted to be inconspicuous but I also know people wanted to know who the fresh meat was on the block.

I pulled up outside the house and hopped out. As I approached the front door, I grabbed the keys out of my pocket and unlocked the doors for the first time.

I had never actually seen the place in person before buying it. I needed a place to stay, money to dump, and a neighborhood that wasn't half bad. This was the best looking place I saw so I just bought it.

My mom kicked me out of her place a few weeks ago. I was tired of hopping from couch to couch, it made no sense for me to be homeless with the amount of disposable income I'm bringing in.

I stepped inside to check the place out. To my surprise it looked just like the pictures I had seen online.

"This could work" I thought to myself and nodded my head approvingly. I walked into the master bedroom and looked around. It was a pretty nice size even though I didn't need the space, all I cared about is having enough room for my bed. All that extra shit wasn't a necessity. As long as I had a safe space to lay my head, I was good.

It's not like I'm going to be here all day, every day anyway.

I stepped out onto the front porch to scope the scene. It was half past two on a Monday, so I knew I wasn't going to see much action. I just wanted to know if there was anybody I had to worry about and keep an eye out on.

I walked over to the truck and opened the back up. There wasn't that many boxes to move but the way the sun was beaming, I know I'd be tired in no time.

My phone began to vibrate in my back pocket and I answered it not bothering to look at the caller i.d.

"Wassup" I said holding the phone up to my ear with my shoulder as I began to carry the box.

"One of yo boys missed the drop" Killa's voice spoke.

"Fuck you mean they missed a drop?"

"Nigga they missed the drop. Tony called and said nobody showed up"

"Well find out who it was and handle that shit asap. I got shit to do right now. Ion got time to be riding around looking for niggas"

"Ight"

"Keep me posted" I replied and hung up the phone.

I stuffed my phone into my pocket and got to work moving all the stuff into my house. It was hot as fuck outside and not a single gust of wind was blowing. I looked in the fridge as if there was going to be any water in there but I still looked anyway.