Damn Triple Homicide

"The bodies from Thursday night's home invasion shooting have been identified as 23 year old Keon Jones, 27 year old Malcom Pollard, 20 year old Tayvion Phillips, and 23 year old Derrick Jones. Officers are still investigating the case"

"No fucking way" I said to myself.

"This world is too fucked up for me" My mom let out a loud sigh as she changed the channel from the news, "Dwight and Deontae y'all better not be out in the streets. Go to work and bring y'all ass home. And watch them lil fast ass girls y'all be with too"

"Ain't nothing out there for me" DJ responded. I couldn't help but stare at him as he lied right through his teeth.

My mind was wandering a mile a minute. There's no way Jordan is involved in this. He isn't that type of guy.

Is he?

Did he do this because of me?

Did I get that man killed?

I sat there eating my bowl of Frosted Flakes as many thoughts just continued to pour through my head. Just as I opened my mouth to speak the doorbell rang.

"I got it" Deontae said getting up from the couch and walking over to the door.

"Aye what's up Montrell" Deontae greeted the person at the door. He purposely put emphasis on his name so I could hear. A confused look instantly appeared on my face.

He steps to the side and allows Montrell into the house. "Wassup DJ, Hey Ma. Long time no see"

"Hey baby how you been?" My mom asked him.

"I've been good, what about you?"

"I can't complain" She replies.

His eyes finally met mine, "Can we talk?"

"Ummm" I was hesitant to answer because what could there possibly be to talk about "Yeah, I guess" I shrugged my shoulders and stood up from the couch. I headed towards my room and he followed behind me.

"What're we talking about?" I asked as I sat down at my desk to finish eating my bowl of cereal.

"How you been? You good" He asked sitting down at the foot of my bed.

"Yeah I'm good, you good?" My eyebrow instantly raised at him. I was thoroughly confused as to why he's here. We haven't spoken since we broke up.

"Nah I've been missing you"

"Oh brother" I rolled my eyes and turned away from him. "Can we not?"

"Not what?" Montrell furrows his eyebrows at me.

"Not do this" I replied. "Our time has come and gone."

"There's no way you're just gonna throw damn near four years down the drain like that"

"No, you did that." I quickly corrected him. Just because I'm the one that decided to end things between us, doesn't mean that I'm the one that just threw out our relationship. He been checked out of it, I just cut the rope.

"I just wanna fix things between us Dream. I love you and I don't wanna let this go" Montrell pleaded. Looking in his eyes, I could see that he was being somewhat genuine.

"And I love you too, but I'm not in love with you anymore Montrell"

Montrell was my first love, my first everything. Despite how things may have played out between us, he will always have a special place in my heart. But that's about it.

He nods his head and stands up from the bed. "Can we still be friends?"

"Yeah" I nodded my head.

A part of me wanted to tell him that I'm dating Jay. However, after reassuring him that Jay was just a friend, which was the truth, I knew how he'd take the news. Him spazzing out on me would then lead to me having to tell DJ, which would then cause a lot of unnecessary drama and beef between DJ and Jay.

SHIESTY जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें