Too Close to Touch

45 comments for the next chapter

"Hey my name is Dream and I'll be your server today

"Hey my name is Dream and I'll be your server today. Can I start you all off with some drinks?"

This felt like the thousandth time I've said this same sentence today. My head is pounding, my feet are throbbing, and the smell of bacon all damn day is starting to make me nauseous. My bed was screaming my name at this point.

"Dream when you're done with that table, you can clock out" My manager told me. That was music to my ears. I pushed through this last 40 minutes and practically ran to my station to take my ass home.

"You leaving?!" Jayda said as she walked over to my station.

"Sure am" I began to wipe down my station.

"See that's that bullshit" She smacked her lips.

"Girl you was 45 minutes late" I laughed as I unlocked the little locker next to my station grabbing both my phone and purse. "You got work tomorrow?"

"Yeah" She rolled her eyes.

"It's a block party on our street. You should slide whenever you get off"

"Okay"

"Look alive, some fine niggas just walked in" I said glancing over her shoulder. Her energy instantly changed. She looked at herself in the reflection of the computer screen and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Is there something on my face?"

"Nope you look good" I replied as I put my purse on my shoulder. She turned around and began to scan the restaurant for the cute faces.

"Where they at?"

"I lied" I laughed and ran off, "Love ya!"

I looked at the time for the next bus and I had about 10 minutes to get to the bus stop that was 15 minutes away. I pushed through the doors and started to put my airpods in my ears.

"Hey" Montrell said leaning on the side of his car that was parked right out front in a clear tow zone.

"Boy bye" I rolled my eyes at him and headed to the bus stop.

"Dream get in the car" He said grabbing my arm.

"I'd much rather walk on glass, barefoot"

"Can you stop being so fucking difficult?

"Did you not just call me a hoe the other day?" I snatched my arm out of his grip.

"We both said shit we didn't mean"

"Nah nigga I meant every word I said and so did you. So stand on that shit" I quickly spat back.

"Bro get in the damn car"