Fingers Crossed

***

***

Just as I made myself comfortable on the couch my doorbell rang. Only a few people knows where I live and none of them would pop unannounced so I already knew it was Dream. I got up and went over to the door.

"Hey" I smiled when I seen her face.

"Hey" She pushed past me and invited herself inside. I could sense that something was off just by her body language.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I closed the door.

"Why did someone come to my job asking if I was your girl?" She replied furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"Whatchu mean?"

"Some guy was at my job earlier asking if I was your girlfriend. I wouldn't have thought much of it but every turn I made he was watching me and my gut was telling me that something was off. I have never seen that man before in my life, he's never came to my job before at least not when I was working" Dream stated

"So then I was thinking about when you threw that bag in my window and then the trip to Miami. The private plane and the yacht and all the money. Who are you? Why am I being watched? Do I need to be worried?" Dream kept on ranting just talking herself more into a panic.

"What was his name?"

"Derrick Jones"

I nodded my head "I gotchu. Don't worry, I'll handle it"

"The fuck does that mean?"

"It means I gotchu. Don't worry, I'll handle it." I repeated.

"How am I not supposed to worry when niggas are showing up at my job asking about you?"

"Do you trust me?"

"I don't know. We have-"

"Issa yes or no question Dream. Do you trust me?" I repeated.

"Yes" She nodded her head.

"Trust me when I say you're good and that I'll handle it."

"Do you trust me?" Dream asked and I nodded my head, "So tell me the truth then Jordan. Where is this money really coming from?"

This is the first time she's ever looked me completely in the eyes without getting nervous and looking away.

I trust her. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that would even make me question her character in such manner.