Soul Ties

***

"How much longer is your break?" Jay asked me.

"Uhhhh" I grabbed my phone and checked the time, "We got 5 minutes left" I looked out the car window over to the restaurant and it was still slow. They wouldn't notice if I stayed out here a couple minutes longer.

"Cool" He nods his head, "You off tomorrow?"

I nod my head yes "Why wassup?"

"You tryna take another trip to Miami with me?"

"I could barely do the first one" I responded with a slight laugh.

"You don't think your mom would let you if you just asked?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Say it with me now 'fuck no'" I quickly replied and we both laughed.

"Well just lie and say your staying the night with Jayda. I wanna show you a good time out there. Take you on a real date and shit like I promised" Jordan tells me.

"I would love that but I don't know if I can push my luck and stay the night out there with you with only Jayda knowing my whereabouts. Not saying I don't trust you or trust that you'll keep me safe but anything can happen ya know?"

"I get it" He nods his head. An awkward silence filled the air.

There's probably a bunch of girls on his line right now that would jump at the opportunity of flying out of town with him for a date. I hate that I still have to answer to my mom. It didn't bother me as much until I started dating Jay. Having to ask my mom for permission to do stuff with him just makes me feel like a kid. I know he probably feels like he's dating one too. Especially with my overbearing brothers.

"We'll come back the next day?"

"Yeah we can leave whenever you want. I know I've been busy since I got out so I wanted to put some time aside and make sure I'm still being attentive to you and your needs."

Ugh why is he so sweet. It makes telling him no even harder.

"Okay, I'll ask my mom tonight if I can stay with Jayda and I'll let you know what she says"

"Ight bet. Make sure you tell her y'all going to the beach or something so when you come back with a tan she won't suspect nothing"

"You're such a good liar" I told him "That's concerning"

"It's not lying, it's just adding extra details to the story" He replied.

***

"Y'all going on the PJ again?" Jayda asked me as we both sat there on her bedroom floor. "You nervous"

"As fuck" I replied "Look at my hands" I held up my hand showing her it trembling. I was just so nervous about getting caught. I've done some pretty sneaky shit but this takes the cake for real. Staying over night in Miami with a boy I just started dating who just so happens to be a drug dealer? Yeah, I've clearly lost my rabbit ass mind.

"You'll be fine. Just don't eat no sushi or nothing so you don't blow up the bathroom and don't snore loud as fuck like you do"