Onna Block

"Ma I'm good" I reassured her for the thousandth time

"Jordan I'm not playing with you, be careful! Three boys just got killed the other day"

"Yeah I heard"

"Where are you right now?"

"I'm trying to go inside WalMart but you keep asking me a million questions" I laughed shaking my head. I looked at my rear view mirror and I could see him walking up.

"And where's Lee? Don't let that boy get you into any trouble Jay. I'll beat both y'all asses"

"He's at home. Ma let me run into this store. I'll call you later"

"You better call"

"I will, love you"

"Love you too"

I hung up the phone and hopped out the car. "Nigga are you walking?"

"Muhfucka I share a car with my brother" DJ stated taking his AirPods out his ears.

"First rule of business is I need you to get some wheels." I said shaking my head.

"Pay for it then nigga" DJ said back.

"Aye" I motioned him over to me "Let's nip this shit in the bud right now. When we in these streets I ain't ya friend nigga let's remember that. I tell you to do something, just nod ya head and do it. Don't question me. Understood?"

Whenever I bring in new people they think this is a buddy buddy situation, but this ain't that. At your 9-5, you wouldn't talk to your boss like that. I want that same treatment.

"I gotchu" He nods his head.

I motioned him to follow me with my head. "You should have enough to get a car by this weekend at the latest"

"By selling dime bags? The hell kinda car Imma get with that?"

I stopped walking and looked back at him.

"My fault, my fault" He chuckled holding his hands up in defense. He reminds me so much of Dream. Both they asses always asking a million questions.

"Money ain't gon be coming in that fast so don't get used to it. I'm just tryna get you on ya feet right quick"

"Appreciate it bro"