Opp Stoppa

***

***

"You could send your best man and you gon lose your best hitta" Montrell rapped as we pulled up into my driveway.

I started to bang on the dashboard to the beat of the song, "What the fuck is that?" This was my favorite part of the song.

I grabbed my lemonade from Chick-Fil-A out of the cup holder before getting out of the car.

"Ya mom home?" Montrell asked as we walked up to the front door.

"No she won't be home until tonight" I said as I took out my keys.

"Damn does that mean she not cooking tonight? Lemme text her and tell her I want some baked macaroni" Montrell pulled out his phone and I knew he was actually going to send that text.

He loves my mom's food, everyone does. I don't know what it is about her cooking but it hits the spot every time. Even when she's just throwing stuff together it still manages to be delicious.

We walked in the house and Tae was cuddled up on the couch with a girl.

"Hey Steph" I said to the girl as I kicked my shoes off at the front door.

"Steph?" She furrowed her eyebrows at me.

As I got a better look at her face I realized that she was in fact not Stephanie.

My eyes widened and I didn't know what to say. "My fault" I quickly headed down the hall to my room before Tae could get the chance to start cursing me out.

"Bro" Montrell laughed from behind me, "Not you just got him caught up"

"That ain't my fault. He need to stop fucking around his dick gon fall off" I rolled my eyes and sat down at desk.

I'm surprised I even slipped up. I don't know why I confidently said a name anyway, I could have a just said hey and kept it moving. Oh well, he'll be fine.

"Whatchu wanna watch?" Montrell kicks off his shoes and lays down on my bed.

"Doesn't matter to me" I peeled my Jordans off my feet. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of sweatpants to change into instead of wearing these tight ass jeans. 

I climbed into bed beside him as he scrolled through Hulu looking for something to watch. I really didn't care what he chose, I was about to take a nap anyway. After school naps always hit different and it's something I look forward to everyday. He pressed play on Bad Boys and before it even started I closed my eyes.