Sorry For The Wait

50 comments

***

I pressed the blunt to my lips and inhaled deeply allowing the smoke to my fill my lungs. My eyes were already low and I was high one blunt ago but that didn't stop me from hitting this one three more times.

"Is that him right there?" Killa asked from the back seat.

I looked out the windshield to see Derrick walking out a house. He stopped on the porch and an older lady exited the house. He had a few plates wrapped in aluminum foil in his hands.

"Think he got some macaroni on one of them plates?" Leon questioned as he reached for the blunt from my hand.

"So this his momma crib" I made a mental note in my head, "I'd be wrong to hop out and pop him right here?"

"Not in front of his momma crib" Leon laughed and shook his head "Damn what happened to Mr. Spread the peace?"

"His momma gon be crying either way it goes" I shrugged my shoulders.

"So what we doing?" Killa asked keeping his eyes on Derrick.

"I mean we still don't know if it was him or not" I stated. We couldn't just kill him off of speculation. It's too messy and bad for business.

"What you want a written confession or some shit? It was him nigga" Leon replied.

"Well he's gone now" Killa added in as Derrick got into his car and pulled off.

"See this is why I handle this type of shit ion got time for your psychoanalysis on shit" Leon said shaking his head "You stick to the business and I'll keep handling the dirty work"

"You get us into a war that's yo ass"

"We already at war. It's just my turn to get my lick back" Leon stated.

I started up the car and headed back to the spot to drop them off. Dream was getting off work soon so I was going to take her home like I promised before I had to go drive out and make some drops with Killa.

I sent her a text and let her know I was outside. I sprayed some cologne to mask the smell of weed but I knew it wasn't going to do shit for real. 

The car stayed in drive and I kept my foot on the brake while waited for her to come out.

I watched as she ran out the restaurant trying to dodge the raindrops. "Hey" She said as she sat down in the passenger seat.

"Hey how was work?" I questioned as I pulled off.

"It was good. Kali and Nemir came to make the day go by faster" She stated. Awe shit she done told her about last night. I could feel her eyes on me so I glanced over at her. I didn't even do shit but I still felt guilty.

"I didn't fuck that girl I just dropped her off at home"

"Umm...what the fuck are you even talking about?"

"Huh?" I looked over and her face was scrunched up.

"Huh?" She mocked, "The fuck you talking about?"