Parental Unit

***

"Alright ladies and gentlemen the work is due at the end of the class, no exceptions" Mr

"Alright ladies and gentlemen the work is due at the end of the class, no exceptions" Mr. Smith went and took a seat at his desk.

Montrell raises his hand for the hundredth time like he does every damn class period.

"Aht aht Montrell don't ask me no stupid ass questions" Mr. Smith said causing the entire class to laugh.

"I was just tryna ask if you meant end of the class today or the end of class tomorrow. You ain't gotta treat me like that" Montrell laughed shaking his head.

This was one of my favorite classes. Despite english being so boring, this was a class I had with all my friends with a chill ass teacher, I couldn't ask for more.

"Dream this yo man?" Mr. Smith questioned and the class laughed.

"And Imma stick beside him" I replied with a chuckle as I got up to grab a chrome book out of the cart.

"Dream grab mine. Number 12" Jayda called out.

"Aye grab me one too. Number 32" Nemir said.

"Y'all ass irritating" I smacked my lips as I grabbed their chrome book from the cart as well.

"So how we splitting this up?" I asked as I handed them their computers.

"I'll do the first four, Jayda do the next four and you do the last" Nemir replied.

"Bet."

No matter if it's a group assignment or not, we're
still going to work together to get the work done quicker so we can do nothing but talk shit about each other for the remainder of the class.

"Nemir have you seen Dream neighbor yet?" Jayda questioned.

"He fine?" Nemir raised an eyebrow.

"As fuck" Jayda replied.

"Oop. You said we at yo crib after school?" Nemir asked looking over at me.

"Boy bye" I laughed rolling my eyes. "He ight. He not all that"

"Shiddddd" Jayda interjected.

Just as I opened my mouth to speak my phone started vibrating on the desk. I looked at the caller i.d and it was my dad calling.

"Mr. Smith I gotta take a call" I said standing up from my desk. My dad calls around the same time whenever he gets the chance to. I could go weeks without hearing from him, but every time my phone rings around 1:21 it's him.