Sober Thoughts

"She setting you up" Leon stated.

"Nah ain't no way" I said shaking my head in disbelief. I couldn't even wrap my head around this.

"Nigga I'm telling you."

"She's not even like that"

"Nigga do you hear yourself right now?" Leon frowned at me.

"She don't know shit."

"How you know that? These bitches be acting. Jay what the fuck bro"

"Trust me."

"No nigga!"

"How the fuck would Montrell even know either one of us was involved?" I questioned rhetorically.

"This shit is just too ironic. You fucking that nigga bitch and we killed his brother"

"I ain't fucking her, we just friends" I corrected him as if any of that even mattered.

"When you meet her? Where you know this bitch from?"

I thought back in my head to when I first met Dream, "Bro I met her earlier that day when I was moving in. She lives next door"

"Awe hell" Leon said throwing his hands up, "Nigga are you dumb? She knows something"

"She don't know shit"

"You keep saying that but you don't know that shit!" Although we were whispering, we was still yelling at each other like muhfucka.

"Bro she's DJ lil sister. Her dad was in this shit and he damn near doing life. That fucked her up. If she knew DJ was dealing her ass would go crazy. If she knew I was a fucking king pin and her brother working for me she wouldn't even be over here right now just chilling with her feet up. She's clueless bro trust me. I haven't said shit to her bout nothing. I'm not stupid" I reassured him.

I knew how messy this shit looked from his perspective. Shit if I was him I would be saying the same thing right now.

"Man what the fuck is you doing?" Leon said shaking his head at me.

"Ion even know bro" I shook my head at my damn self, "She's just different bro"

Lee stood back and just looked at me.

"What?" I frowned at him.

"You like this bitch."

"She ain't a bitch, chill out with that shit"

"Damn you do" He laughed shaking his head, "Get yo shit together nigga. Don't get caught lackin. We just talked about this"

I nodded my head, "I won't" I said as we dapped up with each other. 

"Nice meeting you Dream" I heard Lee say from the living room.

I opened the cabinet for two cups. I took a deep breath to calm myself down and pretend like everything was all good.

"You ever had this before?" I asked as I sat down on the couch.

"Everything okay? It sounded like things were getting a lil heated in there"

"Yeah nigga was tryna tax on them bottles" I laughed shaking my head. I opened up the bottle and poured a little into the cup.

"I hate dark liquor" She spoke with a disgusted look as she took the cup from my hands, "And this is a lot. Imma lightweight"