Flewed Out

***

***

"Dream...Dream" I could hear someone's voice say as they tapped my side. I groaned and rolled over, burying my face in the pillow.

"Come look at my new car"

I looked over and it was DJ standing beside my bed. "Car?" I said confused.

"Yeah come look" He walked out of my room. I pulled back my covers and slipped my feet into the house shoes beside my bed. When I made it outside I was instantly blinded by the sunlight.

I shielded my eyes with my hand as I walked over to the driveway. There was a black Nissan Altima parked in the driveway.

"This your lil mama car?" I asked.

"Yeah" He chuckled nodding his head.

"I guess them long shifts at Amazon is finally paying off," I said walking around the car to check out all the angles. "Congrats I'm proud of you" I said as I hugged him.

He's been wanting to buy himself a car ever since I could remember. This past week he's been working overtime at Amazon. I guess this is why.

"Thanks sis"

"So you're taking me to work?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"I wish I could, I gotta head in to work" DJ said looking down at his phone.

"Whatever" I scoffed "Drive safe" I gave him another hug before going back inside. I climbed back into my bed and scrolled through TikTok for a little while before it was time to get up and get ready for work.

The only thing I could think about is the end of my shift. I already wanted to get back in bed and take a nap.

I stood in the mirror and brushed my hair up into a top knot bun. My arms were burning as I brushed my hair but I was determined to get this bun right. Once I was done getting dressed I went into my mom's room to let her know I was leaving. She's been working the night shift the last few weeks so I barely see her.

"Ma I'm gone" I said tapping her shoulder.

"K" She said with her face still buried in the pillow. "Be safe. Text me when you get there"

"Ok"

Before heading outside I grabbed a granola bar out of the cabinet. I walked outside and a cool breeze instantly greeted me.

"Hey" I could hear Jay's voice say.

"Hey" I replied quickly glancing over. He was dressed in this navy blue suit with a stripped blue tie which made me do a double take.