Hiruhoshi ⸝⸝ Chapstick ꒰ Indirect Kisses

Hirugami reached into his backpack pocket, he felt his hand slowly graze a little against the zipper, slowly he took out a minty blue chapstick, popping off the cap only to roll up some chapstick, he softly and quickly applied it to his lips, letting the minty coolness apply away. His headphones played along to the song bubblegum by clairo ,, he enjoyed soft songs like this. The type strung along, sang away to talk about even the most complicated of emotions. Oh, and these seven years will be pretty dumb...
Hoshiumi was practicing his spikes with a basketball player who happened to be in the gym, boredom peaked him, yet still, the day was slow. For the rain was heavy, and going outside wouldn't be an option till around 4:30. If anybody in the gym went out they'd either be in a cold and wet mess only to end up sick,, or alas their umbrella would be nothing more nor less than broken. Hirugami watched as Hoshiumi fastly spiked down volleyballs, he made it look so effortless, so incredibly simple. And the more Hoshiumi smiled after every spike the more Hirugami's heart fluttered. He felt the heat rise to his cheeks, everything was so pretty about Hoshiumi.
Perfect light skin, paired with his white hair which was always ever so uniquely styled, and not to mention his energetically firebrand like personality paired with a burningly impressive passion for volleyball. Hoshiumi held a high spirit, held confidence and always was smug when necessary. He may be reckless at moments,, yet that was what stood endearing. Hirugami watched with ever so much entertainment sparking through his brown eyes. Every spike was perfect.
The timing stood immaculate.
As the pressure applied remained constant.
Each hit was right at the ball, not a finger off point.
Each jump was near the same yet still as high as could be.
Perfect if he dare say.
Hoshiumi heard the rain clearly hitting against the gym windows, droplets dripping off clear glass which was somewhat fogged ; it was cold. Sounds of the ball, pushed back and forth up and down between Hoshiumi's small hands and the wooden floors of the gym. "Well, I'll get going now, the rain should clear up in around 10 minutes anyways." Hoshiumi's temporary buddy said, walking off and giving a wave. Hoshiumi gave a wave, simply nodding his head along as he grabbed his volleyball jacket. Baby blue with black and white, darker blue stitches, and yellow and white run throughs of simple and cool cotton. "Hiru hiru c'mon let's go." Hoshiumi swiped his bag off the wooden benches to the gyms left side. Hirugami smiled, for he adored that nickname, hiru. Hearing it was like hearing a ray of serotonin itself.
Hoshiumi watched as Hirugami slumped up slowly from his spot on a bench nearby,, the shorter male simply held a short pout. "Do you happen to have, some chapstick? My lips are dry as hell right now." Hoshiumi said shamelessly. He was often reckless, shameless, in both the worst and best of ways. Hirugami blinked, before parting his lips to speak "I mean,-" he said being honest , "I do have chapstick , yet I used it -" Hirugami let a nervous smile quiver upon his lips. Yet Hoshiumi stood his normal stance. Tough and somewhat sassy ,, but of course it was to show that even if he was considered puny he stood nothing near puny.
"Anddd?" he dragged out the simple word, "Well I used it , it's unlikely you'd want it even after I applied it to my lips." Hirugami crossed his arms calmly, moving his hands here and there whilst he talked. Hoshiumi went closer to Hirugami, staring at him right in his brown eyes. "Hand it over , hiru." he said somewhat lightheartedly at most - Hirugami reached into his zippered up backpack pocket pulling out the minty chapstick , "Here."
Without hesitancy the shorter male popped off the cap, applying it to his lips, popping the cap back on almost immediately, his lips had a icy gloss finishing to them. The rain hit harder only for the howling wind to whisper away , softly echoing by. Hirugami felt his cheeks deepen in tints and tones of red and pink. "You,, realize that's an indirect kiss right-?" He wanted to say, yet he kept it in his head as Hoshiumi gave back the chapstick, their hands touching for a split second. "Well? We gonna get going or-?" Hoshiumi eyed at the taller male, as Hirugami stood up, letting out a small 'heh', "Yeah let's get going, I'll get my umbrella." Hirugami grabbed for his black colored umbrella, of which lay aside to his bag, his face still flushed bright red. He turned around as soon as he grabbed the black handle, "Well, let's get going." he held an awkward smile. "Alright alright," Hoshiumi let his hands rest on his hips, and right as Hoshiumi caught his eye the shorter male spoke.
"Why is your face so red hiru?"

     I will forever remain to love this ship regardless of how underrated

I will forever remain to love this ship regardless of how underrated. Hope y'all have a great day, love y'all 🤍

857 words~