Remember

*SEABOUND SPOILERS UP AHEAD! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK FOR SPOILERS ARE PRESENT!*

Something was calling me. 

I am Nya. I am one with the sea. We are one. 

But why does it feel like one is overpowering the other?

Swimming with the whales gives me the greatest joy, one of the few things that gives me the most memorable memories-

Memories.

Wouldn't those be nice. 

The sea, the ocean, the great unknown is all apart of me. I feel every fish, whale, merlopian, anything that touches a splatter of the sea would become clear to me. The sensation brings happiness into my soul-

Soul. 

What soul would I even possess? 

Would it be the soul of Nya? Nyad? The ocean? 

I have no clue. That seems to be my answer for everything. 

I feel free, but I also don't. 

I am free to do as I please, but there is an explosion of heat playing fireworks in my chest that I can never ignore. 

So then why do I feel empty on the inside? 

Why do I not remember anything? 

Where do I stand? 

How can I stand in the land of the sea? 

Was my purpose only to defeat that  serpent of wind and waves? 

Or was it for something else? 

I can still hear the oceans song, but I cannot find the singer. 

Why must things be difficult? 

Footsteps, shoves, pushes, tears, blood

My clear ocean eyes widen and swim through the ocean to the source, ignoring the whales and the song that called to me. Something wasn't right, it never was. 

Thoughts and feelings resurfaced as land came near. 

Wojira's rage. 

My transformation. 

'I love you-'

Wait-

'Don't leave me-'

It's becoming clear-

'You're the Master of Water, you're surrounded by water-' 

That voice, it sounds familiar-

'NYAAAA!!!!' 

"Jay." My power surged through my body, the water was going up to its compacity. 

The smell, I can sense it's his. 

Why is he bleeding? 

I left to keep him safe, what's going on-

My heart stopped. 

A body fell. 

A bloody body fell into the sea. 

And it's his. 

I swam as fast as I could, only to be proven of my fears. 

His body was drowning, a hole in his chest gushing out blood, his face bruised as I placed my hands over his cheeks. 

His eyes-

Eye. 

There's only one eye. 

Oh my. 

What happened to him. 

I wrapped my arms around his broken frame and swam far away from the shore. The emotions are starting to get to me. I left only a few weeks ago- what had happened during the time I left to find the song?

I found land, an island. I placed the broken human on the dry sand, observing the full damage. His breathing is slow, too slow. What did you do, Jay?

"Jay?" I called to him, "Jay? Please answer me." 

He groaned, coughing up water and blood, "N-Nya?" 

"Yes Jay, it's me. I am Nya." I smiled, semi relieved he was talking. 

He grinned, weakly, "Y-You came back." He stuttered lifting a hand to my face as I tried to solidify my body for him to caress. 

"I remember." I told him, "What happened?" 

Jay grunted in pain as one of his hands covered his gunshot wound, "The ninja were helping the commissioner with finding some missing people from Wojira's attack. Apparently one guy became insane from the ordeal and put the blame on us. He charged us with a knife at first and manage to pierce my eye. I was able to draw him away from the public, but I didn't realize he had a gun. I learned that too late." He laughed, only to cough up more blood. 

"But why were you crying?" 

His voice held confusion, "C-Crying?" 

I looked down at the sand, "I can feel your tears hit the ocean. I hear the emotions behind them. You were sad, heartbroken, why?" 

Jay sighed, "T-The guy said some things that didn't sit right with me and I took it the wrong way." He explained. 

My attention grew concerned with the pints of blood leaving his body, and the paleness wasn't helping either. To my knowledge, there's no medical center in reach. I-I can't do anything. 

"J-Jay-" 

"It's ok." 

For the first time in my form, tears were escaping from my eyes, "I'm so sorry." I confessed to him. 

He coughed more, holding my hand in his, "I-I'm just g-grateful to see you as my final m-moments." Tears were falling down his cheeks too. 

"I love you." 

"I l-love you t-too..." 

With his last breath, the Master of Lightning was no more. 

And the ocean grew mad. 

I'm still emotionally unstable after the finale.