Reunited

*SPOILERS FOR PART 1 OF CRYSTALIZED! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED*

Jay never thought he would run this fast in his whole life. The harsh wind slamming onto his face, his burning legs ache with each step he took, his heart beating so fast that it could give out at any second. All for her, he told himself. 

Escaping that ratchet sewer smell to scents of burned tires and the sound of sirens ringing through his ears. People pointed at him, took their phones out and took pictures of him running, at one point had a cop on his tail before that officer ran his limit to the Lightning Ninja. He escaped all that just to run up a thousand feet of stairs to meet up with her once more. 

Flashbacks of her body against his in her true form, a solid instead of a liquid, his joy overpowered the commotion with his teammates and the ninja force. Holding her close to him as she tried her best to stay conscience to get a sense of reality of where she was, only to be ripped away from each other in a matter of seconds. 

Jay wasn't going to let that happen ever again. 

Ignoring the frantic questions from his master and robotic friend as he burst through the door, he ran to the only place he knew his love would be. He stopped right in front of her bedroom door, catching his breath before opening it to reveal what he has been searching for. She sat upright on her bed, holding his own beloved teddy bear within her grasp, her head buried between the stuffed animal and what appears to be her new suit. 

The blue ninja quietly closed the door to give them some privacy and sat next to her. Feeling the weight of the bed shift, the former Master of Water looked over to the disturbance and sat there in shock. 

With tears in his eyes, he gave his classic grin, " Hi." 

Nya dropped everything and wrapped her arms around him, her grip on his gi tightening within her hands, and tears dampening his gi, "I thoughts I'd never see you again." She cried. 

Jay nuzzled into her neck, his senses flooded with his yang's cherry blossom scent, raven hair clenched by his own hand; nothing could be better than this. Tears poured down his freckled cheeks, his sniffles became more apparent the longer they held each other. All those months apart with no contact with each other, now to be reunited and share their remorse for one another. 

The samurai looked up at her partner and placed her hands on each side of his head. Her thumbs circling themselves along his damp cheeks, begging for a sense of feeling within her. More tears trickled down from her ocean eyes, "I can feel you again." 

The blue ninja placed his hands on top of hers, "And I can feel you." 

They stayed like that for a while, cried with each other, held on to each other as long as they could without a care in the world of what was going on around them. Nya regaining her senses through each touch, each kiss, each breathe as Jay regained his value of life. Snuggling as Jay spooned his yang, sneaking some kisses at the back of her neck, each one sending shivers down her spine. 

"I thought you were with the others." Nya admitted. 

"They said that they had everything covered, and that I should go back here to see you. I was kind of getting anxious the longer we were away from you and the others, and Kai noticed. Oh- Kai says Hi too." 

Nya chuckled, "Surprised that he didn't follow you home." 

"Don't get your hopes up, smoke could appear at any given moment." 

The Yin Yang duo laughed with each other as they held onto each other. Their hands found one another, their grip strong and loving, never wanting to be separated again. They fell into a silence as they admired their time with each other until Nya asked, "What are we going to do?"