Aftermath

*Set after Season 9 'Hunted'*

After arriving back to Ninjago, Jay has noticed his girlfriend acting strange. Usually she would be doing hardcore training courses, or heavy combat practices with one of the other ninja, but she wasn't doing any of that since they got back. The Master of Lightning thought she was still emotionally unstable after everything that happened to her and Lloyd, but she doesn't speak out about her emotions. 

Then he got even more suspicious when she started to flinch whenever someone or something got near her left shoulder. Her dominate arm, he thought. Jay was starting to head his way over to Nya's room, now taking her words that she told him into consideration.

'Nya! Oh you're alright!'

'Well I don't know about that, but we can use a little help.'

Shaking out of his own thoughts, Jay stood right in front of his girlfriends door. Hesitant, the boy in blue knocked their secret door knock code. Two straight forward knock, and poke at the door three times, before hitting to door lightly four times. The other ninja thought it was very annoying, but for Jay and Nya it was perfect. 

He waited a minute before hearing a quiet 'Come in' from the other side of the doorframe. Jay places his hand on the knob and opened the door. The raven haired girl was no where in sight, Jay assumed that she was in her bathroom connected to her room. Jay walked over to her bed and sat down as he waited for her. 

Looking around he noticed something on his girlfriends desk, a pill bottle. Knowing Nya, she never takes pills for the life of her. She'll either smash it, break it, or get rid of it in general before someone has to force it down her throat which was never a fun situation when she's sick. The freckled boy picked up the bottle, it was Ibuprofen. 

Why does Nya need pain killers? Suddenly the bathroom door opened up, and Nya appeared. She has her hair wrapped up in a messy bun, wore one of Jay's oversized crewneck, and a pair of leggings. She had a small smile on her face until she saw the bottle Jay was holding. 

"Jay-"

"Something happened while we were gone, didn't it." 

She looked down at the wooden floor, ashamed. The gray ninja walked over to her bed and sat down next to her boyfriend, being extra careful with her left arm. 

"I didn't think it was a big deal." Nya murmured quietly to herself. 

Jay turned his head to look at her, put a gentle hand on her thigh, "Love, please tell me what's wrong. Something happened while we were gone because I know for a fact you only take pills when it's a life or death situation. You just haven't been your usual self lately." he told her in a concerned voice. 

She stayed silent. Not knowing how to address the current situation, Jay put his right hand on her shoulder, and automatically she flinched and hunched over, biting her lip in the process. 

Panicked, Jay asked, "Nya, what's wrong. Please tell me what's wrong so I can help you."

"I-It hurts..." 

Jay removed his hand from her shoulder and got down in front of her, trying to get her eyes to look at him. "What hurts, Nya?" 

"S-Shoulder."

She leaned her forehead against his until the agonizing pain simmered away. Her breathing stopped hitching, and was back to it's normal pace. She slowly sat back up again, trying her best not to repeat the same process. 

Jay stayed in front her, "What happened?" 

"I got crushed by a car." 

Jay paled, "And you didn't tell me, Nya-"