Driving

"PULL OVER! PULL OVER, NYA!"

With a stomp at the breaks, the vehicle comes to a complete stop in the middle of an empty school parking lot. With the Master of Lightning gripping onto the headboard with a quiet sigh escaping his lungs. Next to him in the driver seat being the woman with ocean eyes, her shoulders tense and holding in her breath. 

The Master of Water put the car into park and relaxed her entire body, resting her back on the seat, "You said this was going to be easy, Jay." 

"I said it would get easy over time. Driving takes a lot of time to figure out, but it's going to click to you at some point-"

"I've been driving vehicles for years. I don't see how I had to do this-" 

Jay rubbed the bridge of his nose, "You've been driving vehicles made for battle and missions where all you have to worry about it the speed. You aren't on the public road when you drive with those, Nya. The rules are different for the Ninjago roads." he explained to her.

"I've gotten away with it for five years though-"

"Nya-"

"What's so different about what I drive and how everyone else drives!?!"

"You drive like a psychopath, everyone else is somewhat civil." 

She groaned and covered her face with her hands. They were forced to do this after the DPS found out Nya was driving dangerous 'military' vehicles with a drivers license under their noses. So until she gets her license, she can no longer drive any vehicle until further notice. 

Jay reached over and put a gentle hand on her shoulder, "Lets just try again, ok?"

She sighed, "Yeah, o-ok."

She took the car out of park and into drive, and without thinking, she slammed her foot right on the accelerator and zoomed on the parking lot. 

"Nya, slow down the speed limit is 10-" 

"Shut up, Walker!" 

Taking a sharp turn, Jay's face paled, "STOP, STOP, STOP!" 

The Master of Water slammed her foot on the brake in frustration at her Yin's cry of help. She shut her eyes and laid her head back on the driver seat. Behind her ocean eyes, there was disappointment. She didn't even want to turn her head to get a lecture by the mouth of lightning. 

"M-Maybe we should take a break?" 

Nya sighed in defeat, putting the car in park, and leaned her head down on the steering wheel. Jay put his hand on her back and rubbed it in circles to calm her. He knew she didn't like doing things she isn't good at, and this was one of those moments. 

To reassure her, Jay said, "You know, I had to teach Lloyd how to drive over a year ago to get his license." 

"He probably figured it out on the first try." She mumbled. 

Jay shook his head, a chuckle stuck in his throat, "Actually, the first time he tried we crash into a tree."

Nya turned her attention to her Yin, her brows furrowed but slightly curious about Jay's adventures in driving story, "And then the second time he tried, we blew a tire because he went to fast on the speed bump." He told her. 

She giggled, "Was the third time a charm?"

"Not even close." 

"What happened?" 

"Uh lets just say that I'm practically broke at the moment." 

"Oh FSM, he did that bad?" 

"Miles away from it actually, to the extreme of awful." 

"Wow," Nya says, regaining her signature smile, "How was he ever able to pass his drivers test?" 

"He practiced, just as you should. It just takes time and patience. You'll get a hang of it. If it makes you feel better, I failed my first drivers test before I got my license." 

She raised a brow, "You? Now this is something I was not expecting." 

He shrugged, "What can I say, I wasn't very good at parking or turns." 

Nya gave a small smile to her Yin, getting a quick kiss on the lips in return. He held her hand in his and squeezed it in reassurance, "How about we try one more time and we go out for some ice cream? My treat." 

The Master of Water's eyes glistened, "Ok, what should I do first?" She asked. 

"Parking." 

Her eyes widened, and look over at her lover, "P-Parking? I can't even stop the car correctly and you want me to park!?!" 

"Just give it a try, I believe in you." He told her with a cheeky grin.

How could she say no to that smile and those freckled cheeks. Keeping her eyes on the road, she puts the year in drive, and starts pulling up to an empty parking spot. She turned in from the left side and corrected her wheels by turning the wheel in the opposite direction.  The vehicle pulls up a little more before Nya puts the car in park. She was holding in her breath, awaiting the correction her loving Master of Lightning was going to give her. 

"Nya-" 

"I know, I know, I parked crooked and the wheels aren't straight enough and I'm not pulled in far enough-" 

"Woah, woah, woah! Hold up, I'm the rambler in this relationship and also you parked perfectly! Come out and look!" Jay exclaimed, taking off his seatbelt and exited the car to show his Yang her accomplishment. 

Nya followed her Yin out of the car and Jay came over to her side of the car and held a hand out to her. She gladly accepted it and hand in hand walked to the back of the car to get a better view of Nya's parking job. 

To her surprise, Jay was right. The car stood perfectly in between the two white painted lines on the black road. Even better was that she wasn't to far away nor close to the curb at the roof of the car. 

Jay wrapped his arms around the raven's form and jumped up and down with her in excitement. "You might actually get you license one day, love! I'm so proud of you!" 

She rolled her eyes playfully at him, "Wait till we get on the main road." 

The freckled teen paled slightly after his last jump, "Yeah, m-maybe wait until another ten years for that." he joked, only getting a punch in the arm by his Yang. 

"You jerk." She smirked, "Since you're teaching me how to drive, maybe I should teach you how to control Samurai X?" 

Jay blushed madly, "U-Uh I'll stick with car."