31.

Dreams pov-

We had made our way back to the room, Sophias room. We raced to the elevator, going slowly to the fifth floor. The door opened slowly, but we managed our way through the door and down the hallway to Sophia's room.

   The door had been opened, revealing screaming and sounds of slapping. "What the hell." I had said, peeking my head around the corner.

    "Wait, whats going on in my sisters room?" Ranboo had asked. I'm not going to lie, it took a second to process. "Your sisters room." J had asked, looking over at Ranboo. He had a worried look upon his face.

   "Yea. My sister. Step sister, it's a complicated st-" "DREAM." Alex yelled, interrupting the two's conversation.

   I had walked in the room, seeing Nick sitting in the corner of the room, knees to his chest, hiding his face from the crowd. Almost as if he was scared of us.

   "What the hell are you doing here Nick." I asked, making my way around the broken furniture sitting around the room.

   "Just showed up to finally try and get the truth." He said, although it was muffled due to his face being shoved in his arms.

Third-person pov-

   Punz towered over him, slapping him occasionally. "Punz enough." Alex said, pulling his arm away. "What the hell were you thinking. In the hospital? With sick people? Take a look at her Nick." Dream said, pointing his finger in the direction of the helpless girl laying on the bed.

   She looked almost like a ghost. Her face a pale white color, bruises trailing down the side of her face, her arm, and leg. Her nose was slightly bloodied due to the impact of Nicks fist. It was honestly a mess.

   "When will you fucking learn." Dream continued. "Yea man, come on. Out of all people, you? Her own boyfriend?" Alex said through clenched teeth.

   "Don't even get me started on you Alex. Out of all of us, you're one to talk about having a relationship." Nick said, picking up his head to look directly into his eyes.

   "I could and will take better care of her than you ever would have." Alex whispered, loud enough for everyone to hear.

   Nick scoffed then got up off the floor. Dream had noted the black eye forming, and the busted lip.

   He had walked up to Dream. "I can't believe you pick all of there assholes over your own best friend. I'll be out of the house before you all get home later." Nick said, walking out of the door. He stuffed his hands in his hoodie pocket.

   "Wait a minute. Nic-" It was no use. He was truly leaving. Tired of everyone's shit. Tired of constantly being the bad guy. But look at him. Constantly doing something to fuck up a relationship. Was he the bad guy? Or was he doing it to feel something other than the sorrow and hurt he dug deeper.

   Was he the bad guy? Or was he doing it to show that he didn't fuck around with anyones shit.

Nicks pov-

   I had walked out of the hospital, when it started pissing down. Where was I supposed to go? Back to Texas with my mon? Or do I stay here and cause possibly more problems?

   I'm not gonna lie to myself. Walking out of that room, seeing everyones face of confusion, hurt, sadness, it was difficult. I basically just closed the book. A new start. Or was it?

   I walked down the sidewalk, seeing the bus stopped at the end of the small path. I climbed aboard, paying my fair share.

   I moved my way to the back, a seat alone was preferred, but what was I expecting. Luckily, at the very back there was a seat alone. I slid in it, putting my head on the window.

   An hour went by. The bus had circled the city twice. The next stop, I had decided I was going to hop off and walk home. Pack up my shit and open a new book. What could this one be called? And the first chapter.

   The bus came to a halt, indicating I could get up and leave. So I did just that, climbing down the stairs. Sprinting down the road wasn't a half bad idea.

   A ding was heard in his pocket. He grabbed it, seeing a text from Dream was on screen.

Dream🍃
We don't want you to leave, you know that right.

Me
Really? cause it seemed like you all did.

Dream🍃
Nick, you know damn well I can't pick between the both of you.

Me
and thats the problem. Maybe it was a good thing that i'm going back to texas. It's a new start.

Dream🍃
What. You can't move back! We will miss your ass to much.
read

   What the hell happened then? 'We will miss your ass to much.' I've fallen for that trap before.

    I sighed, stuffing my phone back in my pocket. I had arrived at the house, walking in and up the stairs to my room. The last walk up the stairs.

Third-person pov-

   He opened the closet door, grabbing a small suit case from the bottom. He threw it on the bed, grabbing random clothing objects and throwing it in there.

   After a few trips back and forth, he zipped up the case, trailing it behind him. He grabbed a backpack, stuffing his charger, bandana, laptop, camera, and the lime hoodie dream had given him.

   He looked at it for a minute. Debating on if he should leave it or take it. Dream had given the hoodie to him as a birthday gift. Nick carried it around everywhere.

   He stuffed it in the backpack, throwing it over his shoulders. He grabbed the suit case, dragging it behind him.

   He walked down the stairs. Last trip down the stairs. Nick stopped, looking around the house one last time. "To a new beginning!" He mumbled to himself. Grabbing his car keys off the hook.

   "A new beginning." He whispered, shoving his things in the trunk of the car. He slipped into the drivers seat, starting the car.

   "What the fuck am I doing."

1037 words.