36.

HOLY SHIT IM CRYING. Thank you so so much for 10k reads! I appreciate all of it and you guys so much. Thank you!
--------------------------------------------------
third person dreams pov-
-------------------------------------
"What?"

   He dropped his phone on the bed, falling to the carpeted floor almost instantly from the news he had received.

   A hush whisper was heard from the phone, "Sir? H-Hello Sir?" The operator spoke. The room went silent a minute after, leaving Dream alone with his pondering thoughts.

   He couldn't cry, his eyes not allowing him to do so. He could only sit back and scream. "FUCK!!" he sobbed, bringing his knees to his chest, now sobbing uncontrollably.

   Was he really gone? Did I really miss the chance if saying goodbye to my best friend? The last minute of his life being treated like shit.

   "No. Not like this, not now!" He looked out the window, a gray sky and dark clouds scattered around, rain droplets dripping down the window.

   "Don't leave me Nick. I'm so sorry. Please, come back.." He whispered, his voice hoarse already. "What am I gonna do without you. I- I cant." There was a flash of lightning outside, Dream jumped from the loud bang echoing off the house.

   There was a knock on the door. "Dream? You ok?" Sophia asked. "Go away. Please," He answered, not being able to say anymore words, stuttering uncontrollably.

   Sophia walked in, unaware of the situation unfolding in front of her. She dropped to her knees beside him, opening her arms to engulf him in a hug.

   "Hey, Breath Dream come on." She whispered in his ear. He dug his head into the crook of her neck, crying uncontrollably. "Calm down, it's ok. I've got you." She whispered again, running her hands up and down his back.

   "He's gone Sophia. He's fucking dead. It's all my fucking fault. I should have picked him, I ca-" "Dream. Stop. Who,"

   "Nick, Nick he's gone. He's dead." He whispered, the tears still falling. Her eyes widened, the grip on his shirt tightened slightly.

   She hadn't expected that. "It's all my fucking fault. I didn't even get to say goodbye." He sobbed, turning her pink sweater into a mix of dark pink. She couldn't think of what to say, simply sitting there in awe.

   A few minutes went by, the rain started falling heavily, hitting like beads against the window.

   "Listen to me Dream. What happened to him couldn't have been your fau-" "But it was. I could have done something to help him, but instead I hung up in him, not planning on doing anything at all, cause he hurt you. But I heard that." He paused to breathe, making sure to not let go of her.

   "I heard the news and my heart stopped. I cant say goodbye. I can't say im sorry. I cant even give him a hug one last time." He breathed out.

   Sophia said nothing, only gripping tighter onto Dreams shirt, telling him that she wasnt leaving his side any time soon.

   The two sat on the floor together for a while, getting tired from all the fighting. Dream
had pulled away from Sophia's embrace, wiping his eyes to see clearly. "Thank you. Really I thank you, But i'm gonna go to bed, Could you lock the door on your way out please?" He asked, looking away, suddenly embarrassed.

   "Of course. I'll be back to check on you ok." She whispered, making sure he had gotten into the large bed. "Thank you." He whispered again.

   Sophia opened the door, looking at him one more time before locking and leaving. She noted his appearance, glassy eyes, blushed cheeks.

   She smiled weakly, shutting the door and escaping to her own room. Dream was alone, surrounded by his thoughts once more. "Fucks sake." He whispered once he reached the bathroom.

   "Yea fuck a shower. To tired." He said quietly, returning back to the bed, tears still threatening to fall. How could he have any tears left?

   He shut his eyes, memories of the two boys wandering around his mind.

Flashback-

   "Dude come on! How will you know if she likes you if you dont tell her!" Nick said, sitting at there usually lunch table in middle school. "Umm probably because I don't like her." Dream whispered, sitting across from him.

   "Come on. The way you look at her just screams love at first sight." Nick said punching the other male slightly on the arm. "Shut up, if your so big and bad why dont you go talk to her." "Watch me then!" Nick said, getting up from the table, making his wag across the room.

   He sat down next to her, starting a small conversation when suddenly, "Ewww get away from me Nick!" she yelled, dumping her tray of spaghetti on his shirt. "What the hell!" He yelled.

   Dream turned back around, wheezing uncontrollably at the event.

Flashbacks over-

There was a knock at the door, breaking Dream from his thoughts. "One second." He said, getting up and unlocking the door, making sure he didnt look to much of a mess.

   George stood on the opposite side, waiting to be let in. Dream unlocked the door, allowing George in.

   It was going to be a long week for Dream. He knew that, so did George and Sophia. "Im here if you wanna tell me whats up." George said, hopping into his side of the bed.

   He knew he had to tell George. Nick was his best friend too. "I'll tell you in the morning, alright?" Dream smiled softly, laying next to George, turning towards the closed door, hiding all emotion.

   "Goodnight."

940 words.
Dreams in his sad arc.