*Black Haru*

At lunchtime, Sunny hunted down Haruka, being cautious not to meet Matsu fans on a rampage. She caught him on the roof; it appeared he, too, was an orphan when Matsumoto was not around.

"Ano, Haruka San," Sunny said, overshadowing the boy who seemed to take a nap.

"Nani? I advised you to leave me alone," Haruka replied, sitting up.

"It's about Matsumoto San he isn't in class."

"I'm aware of that. What do you want?"

"When will Matsumoto San come back?" Sunny pursued.

"Why, what does it matter to you? Stay away from Shota, haven't you had your dose with Saitama Senpai?" The boy said and got up.

"Doushite, why are you like this with me? What have I done to you?"

The boy slapped off the dust on his trousers, "aren't you a little self-centered? Why do you imagine it's about you? I don't give a damn about you."

Haruka's reply made Sunny blink several times. Haruka San Kowai [Hauruka is scary], no wonder he has no friends. How can Matsumoto be friends with someone like this? Sunny wondered.

"May I ask you a question?"

"Mochiron," Sunny replied, imagining the question to come as the trigger of some truce between them.

"What is a good person for you?" The sniper-eyed boy asked.

"A good person-," Sunny hesitated before replying, "it's someone kind, gentle, and who puts others first."

"I see, well listen up," Haruka said, approaching her ear, "Matsumoto Shota is everything, but all that. If you think Saitama Senpai broke your heart, save yourself, Sunny, run as far away as you can before you meet the devil, and don't come near me again. You're a bad omen; you're like the sun that sucks the life out of people."

Sunny blinked the tears which filled her eyes away.

Was Haruka warning her or trying to save her?

A bad omen, where had she heard it before? It seemed it was a long time ago.

The girl held no memory of her childhood before her 6th birthday; all Sunny knew was what people told her, yet the sentence Haruka pronounced was engraved somewhere in her psyche. The young woman remained frozen and flustered by Matsumoto's friend's words as he strolled back down to class.

Lunchtime was over.

°°°°

As if things couldn't get worse, the ice cube girl who mechanically made her way to class crossed Junpei, Tanaka, and Tomoe. Junpei sneered at her as she passed, making Sunny lower her head, and shuffle quickly out of sight.

"I don't get you Junpei, why are you like this with Watanabe San I thought-."

"Shut up," retorted Junpei before Tomoe could finish.

Lost, Tanaka did not push further to determine what Tomoe was ranting about; he was not the suspicious or the delicate type. The three boys walked to their wing.

°°°°

It was a terrible day, and Sunny was glad to see it over as she joined Madoka and Yuta to go home. At first, she wanted to tell her friends about what occurred, but she refrained from doing so. It would only cause them to worry more. The gaman [endurance] switch was on, and it had to stay that way.

The days flew by, and it seemed the entire school forgot about Matsumoto's existence. Sunny never paid attention to how days without him in college resembled. Now she discovered a more relaxed atmosphere; the fan clubs diverted their devotions to other boys like Tomoe or even the mean Haruka.

It made Sunny smile when she heard the girl's fangirling over Haruka's killer eyes, which shot arrows through their hearts. Haruka's eyes and mouth shot other things too; thinking about how it was to observe the boy made Sunny shudder.

After a week, Sunny's life was almost back to its initial state, the one before Matsumoto-Gate.

"Ohayogozaimasu Watanabe San."

"Ohayogozaimasu Asano San."

Sunny even made a new friend; it felt good to talk to another girl than Madoka in school. Asano San was delicate, she ate and spoke very little, but she managed to express everything. Sunny tried to take after her a bit.

She learned Asano San did not wear makeup, but she loved night masks. Maybe it was the secret to her glowing face, which never appeared to perspire; it always had a bonne mine aspect, while other student's faces looked like steaming Manjus [Japanese dumplings].

°°°°

"Sunny, what will you do when he comes back?" Yuta asked.

"I'll put an end to the masquerade," Sunny replied.

"Good, let me set my alarm."

"Set an alarm for what?" asked Madoka.

Yuta smiled, "the alarm I will use every day to call Sunny and remind her resolution."

"You have a screw loose," Madoka said, spinning her fingers close to her ears to express her idea.

"What, I'm trying to help because I care about her," Yuta retorted.

Yuta regretted the words as soon as he saw Madoka's and Sunny's jaw open and frozen faces.

"Hey, girls, you know what I mean," he said, trying to smile like a thief caught red-handed.

"Okay, see you, tomorrow guys," Sunny said as she ran up her street.

When Sunny was out of sight, Madoka faced Yuta, "so have you decided to tell her?"

"Tell her what?"

"That you like her, don't worry, I guessed when I saw you with Matsumoto the first time at the bus stop, Sunny doesn't know."

"Well, good job, detective Conan," Yuta said.

Madoka frowned, "why are you like this? I'm on your side."

"Then why did you support the whole Matsumoto matsuri?" Yuta inquired.

Madoka shrugged, "because I'm on her side too, I want her to be happy."

"Okay, whatever, don't interfere okay, let me do things my way."

"You're way is too slow," Madoka exclaimed

"Then so be it, she's my friend too. I rather see Sunny happy with someone else than depressed alone."

Madoka tilted her head to one side before frowning as she weighed the situation, "so be it what, you are going to sit back and watch?"

"Yes, she has to see me herself," Yuta snapped.

"Baka."

"NANI?" Yuta said, throwing Madoka's I'm-going-to-kill-you stare.

"Baka, baka, baka," yelled Madoka while Yuta chased her.

>>>つづく(To be continued)