~Lotus~

The bell rang, and Asano took advantage of the moment to run to class.

" むかつく," she mumbled as Sunny's radiant smile welcomed her when she opened the class' door.

How could a human being be like this?

Sunny was forgiving. Mother Theresa's nickname fit her like a glove.

Sunny left as soon as the last bell rang; unlike most students, she didn't need to stay to prepare for their school trip.

Asano San watched the girl leave. The school board and her grandmother were against her participation. Sunny resigned, but her friends didn't. Finally, both Madoka and Yuta came to plea in front of her grandmother. Still, there's was nothing to do.

School trips were as essential as wearing a trendy bag if students only thought about eventual romance stories. The truth behind them was creating unbreakable bonds and strengthening camaraderie like for sports day.

Missing these appointments was almost like alienating oneself.

Asano San knew this would be Sunny's social life cutthroat if, at first, the idea pleased her. But, something was bothering her, yes, Sunny was her rival, and her greatest desire was to beat her.

Somehow, she wasn't satisfied with this victory.

Unfair.

Such a victory was unfair not only for Sunny but for her?

Would she be entitled to say she beat her rival in such circumstances?

•••

The idea remained as she entered the limousine which drove her home. It swayed while she practiced the cello; it munched her mind while she crunched her salade. Then suddenly, she dropped her fork.

"Sumire, what's the matter?" her mother said, alarmed."

"I want Sunny Watanabe to come on the school trip."

"What? Your kindness of heart honors you, dear, but we can't allow you to go on a school trip with a bully."

"Sunny didn't bully me, mom."

"What, then what happened," exclaimed her father.

"I made it up; I made everything up?"

"Why on earth would you do such a thing, is this Sunny girl blackmailing you or something?" Sumire's mother said with concern.

Even her parents were caught in the spiral; their daughter could do no wrong.

"Why are you like this? Why can't you believe that I lied?" Sumire said as she switched her gaze from her mother to her father.

A crisped smile appeared on her mother's face, "Sumire, I don't know what happened in school, but I think you need some rest."

"I'm not tired."

"Do as your mother told you."

"I said, I'm not tired. Nothing happened in school today; I want you to talk to the school board."

"I won't do such a thing," her mother answered.

"Then I'll do it; I'll tell everyone I lied.

Asano San knew the public humiliation would be too high. It was something neither her parents could handle. None of them could deal with having the family's reputation tarnished by Asano's revelation.

"That's enough, Sumire. Go to your room."

The young lady got up after giving thanks for the meal. As she left the dining room, she could hear her parents whisper. According to her father, puberty was the cause of her disruptive behavior, and her mother wondered if she smoked or had gotten into a Yankee gang.

For Asano, it was a tragedy; all only saw what they desired. No one wanted to acknowledge that she, like any living being, had a dark side.

Suddenly the image of her Senpai appeared, and Asano realized she wasn't alone in her boat.

It was strange, but that night she slept peacefully. It was as though her roots were freed, and the Lilly floated gently down the stream.

>>>>つづく(To be continued)

Hi guys,

This chapter Is not a filler, even though I just wrote it.

I've always wanted to write about Asano Sumire because I don't like one-sided stories without explaining the antagonists. For me, Sumire isn't the baddy here. She's just a teen with her issues.

When I wrote this chapter, I thought about a comment dropped by one of my idols, @MeiSummer, who once said it was refreshing not to tag the popular girl as evil.

So this chapter is dedicated to the, who doesn't know it, but her stories have taught me a lot.

Anyway, as always, I hope the chapter was okay.

I didn't think I would write one, but today feels like Christmas as I managed to write and update almost all of my current works.

Thank you for reading 

Take care and be yourself.

16/04/2020

Hi, I left the note above because what I wrote back in 2018 is still true today.