*Pebbles*

Yuta realized the interpretation one could pull of his action. He hurried to dissipate any misunderstanding.

"As for you, Madoka, you should say I eat boys like you for breakfast, move along. Don't wear dresses and curl your hair like you are some Candy fluff girl. It makes you easy prey for those types of hounds.

"You look good even when you wear your boyfriend jeans with your vintage Adidas jackets, and you braid your hair like Snoop Doggy Dog. At least I don't have to worry about you when you are in your yankii mode."

Was it a compliment?

Neither Sunny nor Madoka understood what Yuta lectured about or why he was flustered. Yuta himself wondered why he got worked up. Despite that, he threw his cardigan at Madoka.

"Wear it!" he ordered.

°°°°

They moved on to see a few shops before deciding to go to the cinema. After losing at じゃんけんぽん [Jan ken pon=Rock, paper, scissors], they viewed a romantic comedy where Yuta snored all the way through.

The group was on their way out when they crossed Asano San and Shota; it had only been a week since Shota was absent. But for Sunny, it felt like an eternity. The couple stopped when they saw the trio.

Shota's hair was shorter, leaving his eyes and ears where his right lobe sparkled out. A piercing, Sunny didn't remember him having a piercing.

Asano San wore a denim shirtwaist dress and white slingback shoes. The idol looked and sneered at Sunny as if to say there were no expectations of having there.

"Konbanwa [Good evening]," Asano San said in her usual ice cream voice.

"Konbanwa," returned Sunny. She would not run or give the couple the satisfaction of seeing her flee.

"How was the movie? Shota and I are going to watch the same one," asked Asano

"Totemo seteki desu [It was great]," replied Sunny staring beyond Asano's gaze at the boy who held her stare.

"Come on, Sunny," Madoka said.

Sunny left without turning back, rather proud of herself. Asano San could swim in her pool of delusions; the boy was no longer vacant and taken by a name and a girl she could not compete with even in her wildest dreams. Miyaké Sora was not just a teen model like Sunny had first thought; her father possessed Japan's most significant construction company. The girl would chew Asano San alive, and the idea made Sunny quite happy.

Once the awkward moment passed, the group decided to eat fast food, where another type of awkwardness filled the table.

Madoka and Yuta seemed to be a little too polite towards one another as if they were treading on eggs. For Sunny, it was cute to watch; they made a great couple.

They parted as usual at the bus stop. It was a good day; it sucked less than the rest thought Sunny as she took her evening bath.

°°°°

In the meanwhile, Shota walked Asano San to her house. Asano was perplexed. The boy had shown no signs of affection. Shota's invitation came as a surprise, she was excited about the date, but the boy differed from how he was in school. Shota observed etiquette and attempted no skinship, but any teen would be tempted to do something in the dark of a cinema. She wanted him to do something; she was expecting it yet nothing.

They stood a few steps away from each other in front of her mansion's gate.

Shota leaned over, and Asano San closed her eyes and pucked her lips for the awaited, breathtaking kiss. Asano could feel the pressure of his approaching lips, and she heard his hand shift as he held her head only to tilt it downwards and plant a kiss on her forehead.

"Good night Sumiré," he whispered before walking away.

"Nani soré?" Asano San mumbled, watching stroll away.

°°°°

As Shota got in his car, only one thing came to mind. That scent, the scent which emanated from Asano's lips. The strawberry, he couldn't kiss her though the desire was there. A sudden feeling of anxiety overwhelmed him.

Shota asked Miyama to drop him off and wait for him a few minutes as he walked up that road. The one which led to where she was at this late hour, but the light still shone in her room.

Why did he come there?

Why did he go to her of all people?

Shota couldn't breathe, yet he didn't look to go to the hospital, but he stood across the street from her window as if the sight of her was oxygen.

Her Shota, who wanted to be there, struggled from the moment Asano's strawberry lip gloss had hit his olfactive sensors. The other one yelled he wanted to be free to go to her.

"Ano Onna," Shota muttered in frustration.

Sunny's eyes opened in a flash how and why she found herself standing at her window was unexplainable, but her gaze fell on the lonely lamp post across the street. Remembering the night a boy waited for her, silly girl, she thought.

The boy heaved body pressed against the wall covered by the darkness.

Why did she come to her window?

Sunny's presence at her window was the kind of coincidence Shota hated, the type which made you believe it was fate.

"I won't let you do, you hear me. I won't let you get rid of me. If you try anything stupid, I'll hurt the girl. I swear I will, and you know I can."

Threatening him was the only way to maintain control over this body, and it worked. Shota could breathe again; this made him wonder what had calmed him.

>>> つづく (To be continued)

Hi everyone,

Well, what have we got here?

Madoka and Yuta made me smile. How about you?

And what about Shota, who believes there's only one part of him that likes Sunny?

Thank for reading