~Spilling Waves~

Sunny rushed to the gates. Haruka managed to make her feel awkward and out of place. As she passed the metal grid, she saw a girl pacing in front of the school. The girl was small and of Asano San's stature. She had her hair dyed off white like a bird feather and short boyish style. Stunning was the only adjective that came to Sunny's mind as she walked by the girl.

"Ano San-San."

Sunny stopped in her tracks, asking herself if the girl really just called her Miss-miss. Intrigued, Sunny turned to face her.

The teen wore an unknown full black uniform with white Doc Martens. Close up; Sunny saw the girl had blue lenses on, which gave her the Barbie look.

Gravure model, Sunny thought as she looked at her. The girl undoubtedly possessed the style of a Harajuku girl, which you found in teen magazines.

"Sumimasen, do you know Haruka Choki, a handsome, arrogant, and cynical guy?"

Sunny's mouth dropped open. Not only did the girl nail Haruka's personality, but she gave the profile to a stranger. There were many students named Haruka in her school, both male and female, but only one guy fitted the description perfectly.

"Do you or don't you know him? The girl asked.

"I do. He is in the photo club right now."

"How do you know? Do you stalk him? Masaka, is he your boyfriend?" The teen interrogated with her eyes glaring at Sunny in suspicion.

"IIE-IIE-IIE," Sunny interjected as she crossed her hands in front of her in denial.

The girl chuckled, "Choki must really be acting like a dumbass for you to react that way. I'm Miyaké Sora, and you?

"I'm-."

"She's nobody," Haruka said. The boy seemed to have the gift of arriving at the right or wrong time depending on what you wished.

"Choki, I missed you so," yelled Miyaké San jumping on Haruka and making him carry her.

Sunny thought she was one of his one-night stands; Haruka had that kind of reputation to be the guy to play with girls for one day or night. To leave them crying in despair if his obnoxious boy attitude displeased Sunny. There were many willing to hear him say usero [get lost masculine].

"You shouldn't be doing this; it's not acceptable behavior for a girl who has aこんやくしゃ [kon yaksha=fiancé].

"My fiancé doesn't give a toss about me; please be my lover Haru-Haru! Let's live a forbidden love. Let us run away in exile like the damned," Miyaké San sang in a dramatic tone as if she was reciting Hamlet or Macbeth.

Sunny blinked twice as the Take was more than surreal.

"Where is he anyway?" Haruka asked the girl who clung to him like a koala.

"Shota? He ran away when he saw me at Kuromori's gate. I thought he might come to get you."

"You know he can't, Sora."

The two were in their bubble of conversation, forgetting poor Sunny, who was still under the shock of what she had heard.

"Ano, Miyaké San, who is your fiancé?" Sunny said, interrupting their conversation.

"MA-STU-MOTO Shota San, Miyaké San replied before resuming her debate with Haruka. The sentence was registered in slow motion by Sunny though she had heard it all at once.

Seeing how shocked Sunny was, Miyaké San came and took her by the hands; she looked up at Sunny.

"You seem in shock. Do you have a crush on him? What am I saying? Everybody loves Shota! Listen, you are pretty and nice. I approve it; you can be his mistress; you are absolutely his type. He can have us both; he has enough money, anyway."