~Sea Sucker~

Left without time to react, Sunny ran to her desk, and the teacher entered.

"Please, be seated."

Unable to concentrate, Sunny, who usually finished first, was a total mess in front of her paper.

Kamisama, you can come and fetch me. I didn't know my life would be this short. I am going to die here, today. Dear father and mother, I'm on my way. The "Matsu" fans will kill me.

••••

When she finished, almost everyone was gone. Masumoto's seat was empty.

Maybe he isn't that resentful.

Sunny slid and glided against the walls, afraid to meet the girls from my class, but no one waited. She owed her peace to the patrol of student council members walking in the halls.

No one could hang out in the corridors without a purpose, especially a group of people. Madoka waited for her outside as expected.

Madoka took her headphones and advanced to meet Sunny, "how did your test go?"

Sunny grabbed Madoka's sleeve and began to pull, "let's hurry, Madoka."

"Why? Has it got something to do with the girls from your class? They were waiting for you, but the student council chased them away."

"Let's hurry, Onegai," Sunny begged while her eyes looked about like a ferret.

"Why?"

This was Sunny's best friend Madoka; her curiosity was somewhat deadly. Scared of being punished by the girls from her class, Sunny insisted, sweating like okonomiyaki on the grill.

"Your face is all red. What's wrong?" Madoka asked.

Madoka was a fake tsundere. Sunny didn't know it was possible to fake it, yet Madoka made it happen; she always styled her hair in two pigtails, answered dryly, and wore fake glasses.

When Sunny asked her why one day, she said: "It's is cute. Thus I don't want to be the leading role; I can just be the nerdy best friend.

Sunny did not understand what she meant. Madoka stood out almost as much a Sunny; this made the two the perfect pair of social outcasts. Madoka was part of the photography club and also Sunny's only female friend.

"Did something happen today?" Madoka asked, walking while Sunny ran.

"Watanabe san."

There it was; the voice which Sunny hoped to flee now called.

"Don't turn around, Madoka," Sunny said in a desperate tone, thinking she could lose him.

Sunny should have known by then nothing would occur the way she desired. As expected, it was too late. Madoka stopped to welcome their pursuer; Sunny turned and immediately bent her head at 90° to apologize.

"Hontoni, sumimasen deshita Matsumoto San," Sunny said while she bowed.

"Watanabe San, you can lift your head," Matsumoto said. The tone employed hid no anger; Sunny did as asked. Matsumoto stared at her as he had never done before; the gaze was almost warm. It made the girl shudder.

The boy's gaze always made her feel like she was some scientific experiment when it was upon her. Now Sunny got the impression he upgraded her to the rank of a human.

"Watanabe San, would you please go out with me?"

"Eééé, sorry."

Someone call an ambulance. There's a girl who just died on the spot. All that's missing is the outline of my body drawn by chalk on the ground.

The click of Madoka's camera made Sunny jump. Madoka loved taking photos of scenes of a nameless absurdity.

"Go-me-nasai Ma-stu-moto san, I'm real-ly. Sorry, but it was a joke," Sunny said, stuttering.

"I'm serious, though."

Sunny believed him. Matsumoto looked and sounded serious.

Sunny heard about this myth, which stated some Japanese were so pure of thought that they assumed responsibility for their actions in extreme ways.

Perhaps like in the manga, he took the joke seriously, and he wants to marry me or something? What am I to do?

"Honestly, Masumoto San, you are not interested in me, right. I'm not your type, right?" Sunny said while her brain calculated like a GPS her next move.

"I don't know if you are my type or not," Matsumoto replied.

"You see what I mean," Sunny said reassuringly.

Wait a minute, why am I reassured? The guy says I'm not his type. What's right about that? If I'm maybe not his type, then what does he want from me?

"But I want you to be my girlfriend," Matsumoto continued.

The guy an SM, there's no doubt about it, Sunny thought.

Sunny's ears burned, unable to cope with the words which floated to them. The situation made no sense, and Matsumoto was not even interested in her to top things off.

Sunny looked at Madoka for support, but Madoka enjoyed the Teen-Rom scene, which played before her. All she needed for a complete movie experience was a box of popcorn.

"Please, listen, Matsumoto San, if it's about those rumors going around about how easy foreign girls are, I would like you to know thatㅡ."

The young man stopped her halfway, "are you easy? Is it a habit of yours to kiss a random person?"

"No, of course not," Sunny answered in a defensive tone. She lifted and shook her head to protest.

"Then just be my girlfriend, isn't it better that way?" Matsumoto continued.

She didn't imagine he was this stubborn.

What was this?

Blackmail, did the kiss earlier burn a fuse in his head?

Before she could answer, Matsumoto, bent in the 90° position, "Watanabe San, would you please become my girlfriend."

It seemed more like forced recruitment for a sports club than a genuine love declaration.

Matsumoto sounded like a real desperado. Sunny didn't know why he insisted so much, but she felt like he needed her help. She promised herself not to be moved by this type of situation. Things had gone so wrong with Saitama; she heard someone say "yes."

Who was the baka that said that? The girl thought only to realize the shoushinshoumei [genunine] baka was her.