~Life jacket~

Sunny fell asleep only to wake up to find Sora sitting by her side; she seemed absorbed by her phone. Since Sora was a gravure model, Sunny imagined her replying to fans.

"Oh, you're awake," Sora exclaimed.

Sunny sat up, "Sora, why are you here?"

"I came to support Haruka, and I saw Shota was here too. I watched your race. It's a pity you fell; with your long legs, you were sure to win."

Sunny understood Sora wasn't there to cheer her fiancé.

"Ano Sora San is the sportsu—."

"They'll be lighting the campfire soon."

"I see."

Sora tapped frantically on her phone.

"What are you doing, Sora San?"

"I'm updating my web novel."

"You write?"

"Yes, to kill time when I'm frustrated and angry. Since I'm frustrated and angry every day, well, let's say I don't suffer from writer's block. Do you want me to tell you what my current story is about?" Without waiting for an answer, Sora pursued.

"It's about twin brothers, Akito; he is the oldest and the wildest one of the two. Impulsive, he only obeys himself. Akira, on the other hand, is gentle, cautious, and he constantly worries about others. Even if their parents love them both, they have their favorite. Akira is his mother's favorite, so when the twins are scolded, it's Akito who is punished. Their father died in an accident, and all their mother has left is her two boys.

"The two boys are close, and they play with two other children. The four are inseparable, and one afternoon they go out to play, but only three come back that day."

As Sora spoke, Sunny could almost see the little boys.

"Aoi to Midori," Sunny whispered.

Sora continued, "the twin who came back was dressed like Akira, and he was mute, not one word came out of his mouth. So, for the mother, the remaining twin had to be Akira.

"But when a few weeks passed at dinner, Akira spoke, I AM AKITO he declared. His mother got up and slapped him back and forth before sitting down, exhausted by her violence. She glared at her son and said, no, dear Akito is dead. What do you think? Is my story good or not?"

Sunny was silent; in her head, she heard children's laughter.

The children ran, calling each other "hurry Shota" said the boy with the blue T-shirt.

"Matté Shu—, matté," yelled the boy with a green T-shirt and green cap.

"Sunny, Sunny daijobu?" Sora asked as she watched the tears rolling down Sunny's cheek. Sunny did not know why she was in tears, nor did she understand what she saw.

"Ano, Sora San, does Shota have a brother?"

"I think you hold more information than I do, Tohru San."

"Tohru?"

"Haven't you read Fruit Basket?"

Sunny was elsewhere. She got out of bed; she had to find him. She had to know.

"What are you doing?" asked Sora

"I must go?"

Sora did not move; she watched the girl limp to the door finding Haruka standing behind it. He merely stepped aside to let her pass before going to the infirmary.

"Why did you do it?" Haruka asked Sora.

"Because I believe in Tohru's power to save Kyo Chan."

" I don't read mangas, so please stop with the metaphors."