~Wave Alert~

"Junpei, have you heard?"

"Heard what?"

"Shota is dating Sunny," Tanaka told him.

Tanaka's words made Junpei shudder, "what did you just say?"

Tanaka sighed and repeated, "Matsumoto, number 11 is dating Watanabe."

"Why are you telling me this?" Junpei asked, annoyed.

Tanaka scratched his head, Junpei's attitude confused, "I thought you'd like to be aware of what is going on."

"I don't want to be informed," Junpei said and continued to put on his basket shirt.

At that exact moment, Matsumoto strolled into the locker room with his usual nonchalant phlegm. A deathly silence that would make flies fall under its weight filled the changing room.

Matsumoto went straight to his locker while the other guys from the team resumed their activities. Only Junpei glared at his kohai [a younger student], Matsumoto disrespected him, and he had to pay.

"You shouldn't have done that," Haruka murmured in Matsumoto's ear.

Matsumoto opened his locker, "done what?"

"The girl, she was senpai's," Haruka continued.

"So?"

"The rules state when a girl dates a senpai, and he drops her, she must live as a high school spinster," Haruka explained.

What Haruka said sounded ridicule. The victim of a breakup was doomed while the boy moved on to pick all the roses he wanted to decorate his trophies, board.

Shota muffled his laughter with his hand; Haruka's remarks amused him.

"You know how senpai is; he won't let it go," Haruka warned.

°°°°

Haruka's words rung like a presage, the passes Matsumoto got during practice were ribs smashing and head bashing. His quick reflex allowed him to block most of the balls, and he appreciated Haruka's backup.

Junpei had him pick up the balls and store the equipment to everyone's dismay. The tension on the court was oppressing; it was with a lot of relief the team finished practice.

"Yo, Shota," yelled Junpei, "before you go, I want you to shoot a hundred. Tomoe will keep the count."

Shota didn't argue; resistance was futile. He accepted his punishment—all he had to be bear with it. Junpei was clever; he would not keep up with this immature payback.

Shota's and Sunny's actions scratched the captain's ego. Junpei couldn't touch Sunny, but hurting her by proxy was possible.

Haruka watched his friend shoot his 100; strict Tomoe had no attention of letting number 11 leave with less than the ordered shoots.

Shota's arms got sore, and the cuts under his wrists bands pulled with the strain of every shoot, yet he carried on, for he too was a stubborn bull.

°°°°

In the meantime, Sunny lived her trial.

"So, are you going to wait for him?" Yuta asked.

"Why? Should I?" Sunny asked.

The girl did not know what attitude to adopt. The circumstances leading to their relationship were too confusing for Sunny to rejoice and play kawaii Kanojo [cute girlfriend].

"Well, he's your boyfriend. He has basketball practice; you should go and cheer," Yuta teased.

"iie-iie-iie, are you crazy, Yuta? Are you a full baka, or are you doing it on purpose? How is Sunny supposed to face X senpai?"