~Sway~

Cool, today my hair will stay bone straight, Sunny thought as she saw the first rays of light slighting through her curtains.

Sunny's phone vibrated and slid off her desk. Yuta texted and called since 6 am.

Yuta Fujimoto suffered from severe ijimé [bullying] in the first year, Sunny had stood up for him, and no one at that time wanted to have issues with Saitama's senpai girlfriend.

Yuta became a reliable friend when with him, Sunny could be herself even though he was a guy.

Like Madoka, Yuta was a member of the photo club where Sunny hanged out. Sunny ran little errands and made sure excellent humor filled the walls of the club to the brim.

Sunny took photos too, but she did not have Yuta's and Madoka's keen eyes, which mastered the old and the new digital touching up methods.

The messages kept coming:

SO YOU ARE DATING DOMYOJI [Hana Yori Dango reference].

BE CAREFUL THOSE RICH KIDS ALWAYS HAVE THEIR CLOCKS WINDING BACKWARDS THE "FLOWER GIRLS" WIll SCALP YOU.

Sunny continued to ignore the messages she would reply to face to face at the bus stop where her friends waited.

"Ittekimasu, I'm leaving grandma."

"Itterasshai."

Sunny lived with her maternal grandmother. When her parents died, their company went bankrupt, they used the money to pay creditors, and her grandmother kept the other half.

Sunny's father was an only child whose parents now lived in Germany. So she had a choice between living there or in Japan. At age 13, she was more interested in the manga Shirayuki no [Snow White] than Frankfurt sausages.

Besides, her maternal grandmother lived alone, and it seemed a good idea.

Isu Sunny's mother had a hard time adapting to the French capital. The foreign exchange student was about to give up on studying in France till she met Gregory, her husband-to-be. Isu ended up spending 20 years of her life in France, where she and her husband produced wine they exported all over Asia.

••••

"Hayo, did you sleep well, your highness?" Madoka asked.

"Are you kidding me? I tossed and turned so much, tell me it didn't happen and that it was a dream."

Madoka grinned, "we had the same dream then."

"Né, Madoka, what would you do if you were me?"

"Nothing, it's too late."

"Maybe Matsumoto San has forgotten?" Sunny said in an attempt to reassure herself as she spoke.

"I doubt," Madoka answered and pointed at the bus stop where Masumoto stood next to Yuta, the huffing and puffing bull.

"Hayo," Madoka said in a laid-back tone.

While Sunny bowed and gave a very honorific, "Ohayogozaimasu Matsumoto San."

Madoka giggled at Sunny's manner of greeting Matsumoto.

"What are you doing here?" Sunny asked him.

"I intended to pick you up with the car, but your street is too narrow. So I sent Miyama San away. We can take the bus together if you don't mind."

Sunny minded, but she did not let it transpire. Keeping her composure and her tatémae [public face] was essential.

"Ouji Sama fighting," Madoka yelled in a sign of encouragement as she recognized how serious the boy took the blooming romance.