Four

—-

Aviana

It had taken me a while to try and figure out what had happened earlier.

I managed to escape the basement but by the time I was out, lunch was already over, much to my dismay.

After spending time with my overwhelming thoughts, I knew it was best to tell someone, a teacher or an adult, what had happened with Kiro.

Yet I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone.

So here I am, currently eating a granola bar at the back of Art class, you can really get away with anything at the back of the classroom.

A glint of hope sparked in my eyes as I realised I had gotten a secret note during English earlier. The girl with raven hair.

It felt unusual when people spoke to me, I wasn't used to having many friends. In the words of my mother, I suppose I'm an extrovert introvert. Depending on who I'm with, my personality needs a restraining order for being so bipolar.

Around Jasmine, I was able to be myself -corny I know right- but anyone else who attempted to speak to me could hardly get past one conversation without them leaving because of my awkwardness.

It sucks.

"Aviana."

Speak of the devil, someone trying to speak to me.

I turned around slowly, smiling shyly at the brown haired boy. If I'm correct, his name is Brandon. "Yes."

He looked at me for a moment, his pupils expanding as it took him a while to gather his train of thought. I say patiently in front of him like a stiff baboon.

"Do you um- do you have a spare paintbrush?"

I raised my eyebrow, I didn't know what I was expecting him to say.

"Uh, yeah sure," I handed him the lanky paintbrush sitting across me, he accepted it before hesitantly turning back around.

Why is every conversation I have so awkward and plain. Where's the excitement?

While continuing my art piece, I couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes burning holes right through the side of my head.

The class door rattled before opening loudly as it banged against the teacher's desk behind it. I almost knew too quickly who it was.

He just loves making an entrance.

"Kiro, why on earth are you late," the teacher's vociferous voice summoned the rest of the class as we all watched closely at the scene.

"God relax, it's only ten minutes past, it was busy in the hallway," he snapped, taking a quick look at the 'audience' before turning back to the teacher.

Who does he think he is?

"Lower your tone Hale, and next time close the door, quietly."

He shrugged lazily, I studied his every move as he sat down at the back, a small, irritating looking blonde sat next to him, twirling her dry hair around her finger flirtatiously. The hair didn't unravel itself, instead it crisped onto her finger, refusing to loosen.

She definitely needs to relax on the bleach.

Briefly he made eye contact with me, the redness in his irises had gone, they were white as ever, he smiled sarcastically my way before smirking back at the girl.

Was he on drugs earlier, that must explain why he thought I was someone else.

Once class had finished, I quickly collected my bag and left immediately, I just wanted the day to be over already, but I still had to meet that girl.

As the bell rang dismissing us home, I made my way towards reception, taking out the note given by the strange girl at English.

meet me after school outside the main reception.

My mind buzzed with different thoughts as to what she would tell me, I guess you could say I was somewhat excited.

Once I reached the main reception, I waited for up to twenty minutes, by now half the school had left and it became pretty empty.

I wondered if I should go home, mabye it was a prank? Considering what happened in the basement with Kiro, I should really be more careful being alone.

Almost half an hour had passed, I soon lost hope and started to make my way out the gates. So much for making new friends.

"Psst."

My heel turned towards the voice, confused, I looked around the school parking lot, no one in sight.

"Psst Aviana," the voice was evidently coming from the corner of the reception room, behind a couple of plants and bushes.

A streak of black hair peaked out from the side of an aloe vera plant, I jogged towards it bewildered.

"What are you doing there?"

She stood up carefully and pulled me down with her, it was quite compact, the space we were in, so I was able to feel her breath on my face as she spoke.

"Sorry, I'm Blair, I was meant to meet you earlier but cheer practice took too long," she gushed.

"No no its fine, so what did you want to meet me for?"

"Um, well I understand if you want to say no, it's totally fine but I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind um, helping me out a bit?"

I gave her a questioning look, hoping she would expand on that.

"Oh sorry, tutoring."

My eyes widened.

"I'm pretty sure you're one of the smartest girls in our class, with these extra cheer games, I'm falling badly behind and I could use the catch up. So, what do you think?"

She thinks i'm the smartest girl in the class, wow. Ugh, focus on what she's asking.

"I can pay you if you want too," she quickly added, yet I shook my head denying.

Well I could really use with the extra cash, either way I guess I could ask her after a couple sessions first.

"Uh- um, yes of course."

Her lips stretched into a wide smile, her pearly whites gleaming as she pulled me into a hug, I noticed she smelt stongly of lemon and, mint?

"Thank you thank you! Okay okay, you can meet me at my house every day after school, is that alright?"

I nodded casually as she hugged me once more before leaving, I stood up wondering what the hell I'd gotten myself into. And why the hell we spent our conversation behind a family of plants.

Well at least you have some excitement in your life now.

—-