Thirty Seven

---

Aviana

This chapter contains triggering themes

"Get the fuck away from her."

The voice I was all too familiar with came from my bedroom door, my vision was hazy yet my mind was on full alert as I realised the potential outcomes today would bring.

A sense of calmness after hearing his voice was not found, I knew my father and the strength that he had which created a gut-wrenching fear I suddenly culminated for the boy who stood ready to help me.

The boy who I loved and cared for and could not stomach the image of him being hurt by the same person who once hurt me.

Before I could move my head to see him physically, my father's face turned back to me nonchalantly, as though he wasn't at all affected by Kiro's presence.

My anxiety tripled as I gulped a breath watching him move a strand of my hair behind my ear as he leaned down to it.

"You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend," his unhinged whisper made my toes curl in disgust, my reaction however was cut short as he was immediately pulled back by the shirt and thrown onto the floor before I could even exhale.

It all happened too quickly for me to process as I watched Kiro roll up the sleeves of his black compressed shirt before landing his knuckles onto my father's face.

Once. Twice. Three times.

I squinted as with each punch, the floor became bloodier as did Kiro's fist.

Biting my lip in worry, I tried standing yet my body had given up from my father's roughness toward me earlier.

"Dont. Fucking. Touch. Her."

My face went cold seeing him like this. He had transformed into another person, another character which I found myself still not used to, I was brought back mentally to the day in the hospital after Blair's incident.

He had attacked a doctor against the wall, throwing him as if he weighed nothing whilst his eyes were black, like an animal preparing to eliminate his prey.

And once again, I was the observer on the side.

His jaw clenched as he went to his knees to strengthen his punches with more force, I looked over at my dad's face and my mouth went dry at the sight of him.

A bloody pulp to which his features became unrecognisable, I covered my mouth as I felt my body go cold to the point where I wanted to faint.

As much as I wanted to go down and tell him to stop, a part of me was afraid to go near him when he was like this.

Focused and intense. Like he was some master at this informal art.

I wasn't good with gore, seeing it in person was more than sickening as I squeezed my left thumb with my other fingers to prevent passing out.

A noise escaped my lips making Kiro turn to face me, his eyes immediately filling with guilt as he looked almost ashamed of his state, he hated me seeing him like this.