Twenty Six

—-

Aviana

Something about hospitals made me physically sick to my stomach.

The air was thick and almost damp which made sense considering this was a building where people took not only their first but also last breath.

It was almost two in the morning, the evening before felt like a fever dream, a really bad one.

"Aviana Reath?"

A tall, middle-aged woman wearing white scrubs came out into the hallway.

"Yes, that's me!" I stood up abruptly despite being awake for the last 6 hours. "Is she okay?"

My voice was on edge as a bundle of energy burst through my veins, I chewed my lip harshly waiting for a reply.

"Unfortunately I am not allowed to mention personal details to those who are not family members, I've called your name as you have been put down as the 'friend' of our patient," her words took a while to process, god I was so exhausted.

"Can't you just tell me if she's alright, it's the least you can do," my voice came out as a desperate plead.

"Yes, she's breathing."

That was all I needed to hear.

I exhaled deeply, the knot in my chest loosened at her words as I was finally able to sigh in relief.

"But we still need to run a few more tests to be sure, so don't get your hopes up," she swiftly turned around, shutting the door behind her.

What a bitch.

With furrowed eyebrows I sat back down in the seat I had been sitting in for the past couple of hours, I winced forgetting how numb my ass was.

Being in a hospital for this long really makes you feel like you're a patient yourself.

My phone vibrated beside me and with slow hands I picked it up reading the text displayed.

Jason-

Kiro's on his way
I tried to calm him down a bit but you know how he is
Just make sure he doesn't do anything stupid

Jason had taken Kiro away from when he had seen Blair injured, one minute they were both next to me then the next they were gone.

I wasn't sure why they left, at such a weird time too but I presumed it could be because of Kiro's reaction.

He was furious, more than just upset. Like he knew something none of us did.

I responded back before switching my phone off, my mind couldn't erase the image of Kiro's face after seeing his unconscious sister lay across two restaurant chairs, blood steadily dripping down her left leg.

My eyes watered at the memory, seeing her like that made my head spin with regret.

We could've lost her.

Loud footsteps filled my senses, I sat up from slouching and looked near the hallway, my ears perking up at the familiar voice who seemed to be arguing with someone.

I stayed still until the sound of someone being thrown against a wall made me get up.

Shit, Jason was right.

I gasped entering the inner hallyway with my hand covering my mouth, my gaze immediately shifted towards him, his fist looked bloody but not with fresh blood. My eyes travelled to his face and at that moment I had never felt so small.