Thirty Two

---

Aviana

Jasmine?

I wasn't sure why I was so nervous to read the message on my phone screen, her name appeared in the same italics I had created when I first got her number years ago.

Clearly, we had fallen apart since Senior year.

It felt almost foreign to see her name again, to hear from her again.

She didn't do anything wrong to me so why did I get such a bad vibe?

Picking up my phone I cautiously clicked on the notification, analysing the message which appeared.

Jasmine-
Hey girl
You free tomorrow for lunch?

I re-read the message, maybe she accidentally sent it to the wrong person?

Tapping my keys I quickly wrote back yes before mentioning my name in case she thought I was someone else. She replied immediately, I remembered her being the slowest texter and not replying for hours.

People change I guess.

I smiled to myself, for some reason it felt good getting in touch with old friends, especially knowing that I would have someone to talk to at lunch considering Blair was still at the hospital.

It suddenly dawned on me that I indeed have school tomorrow and would have to see the one person I had been avoiding for the past few days. And having to face all the missing assignments which were piling up in my email.

Shit.

The next morning I stayed in bed an extra half hour debating if I wanted to dream longer or face reality for once, it was an extremely difficult decision and I eventually had to way out the cons.

After showering I initially had pulled out the largest sweater I owned, despite it nearing spring, and a pair of my comfiest lulu leggings. Until an idea came into my mind, god why am I becoming Blair, this is definitely a Blair idea.

After twenty long minutes getting ready I made my way downstairs, it was refreshing seeing my mom first thing in the morning since I had spent the recent few months staying the night at the Hales.

"Morning baby, I'm running late but I left a couple of pancakes for you and your brother," I watched her rush from the counter to the front door, her heels clicking against the hardwood floor as she ran.

"Oh mom you didn't have to, also how come you're wearing your heels before going to the bar, don't you put them on when you get there?"

She paused in her tracks, a small, surprised smile spread across her face.

"Usually I do baby, I am... escorting today."

She didn't make eye contact with me, I could tell she wasn't comfortable going further into details which I always reminded her that she never needed to.

"Stay safe today mom, I love you," I nodded watching her close the door behind her before it opened straight after again.

"Oh yes, Aviana I completely forgot, Mateo's friend isn't able to drop him off today so please make sure you take him with you, I left the car for you to take," I opened my mouth to protest but she was long gone.

I sighed loudly.

At least she didn't comment on my chosen outfit for today, which the more I looked at it in the hallway mirror, the more I decided it perhaps wasn't the best idea.