Seventeen

---

Aviana

"You wanna leave right now?"

It was currently nine in the morning and I had been peacefully sitting in registration until I  received the text from Blair asking me to meet her in the girl's bathroom. The 'right now' was in capital letters which seemed too demanding for me to ignore.

"Yes Av, it's only one day and we aren't going to miss anything important," Blair was standing in front of the mirrors applying some clear lipgloss casually, while I stood in place panicking.

"I've never bunked before, how are we gonna leave without someone noticing?"

I watched her take out a sheet of paper from her front pocket. "Fake sick note," she giggled, handing it to me as it took it guiltily.

After a little more convincing from Blair, I thought to myself that it was just one day.

The note worked like a charm as I strode out the school doors, giving a small cough as I passed by a teacher in the field. Did I look suspicious? I hope he doesn't turn around.

Blair had already left and was waiting by her car, along with her was a boy I had never seen before. Swallowing hard I made my way towards them hoping that he would leave when we drove off. He didn't.

"Aviana, this is Joseph, my b- friend."

I rose my eyebrow smirking as a flushed Blair narrowed her eyes at me. I had to look up to examine his face. His dark hair was neatly separated in braids and his golden-brown skin gave a strong glow under the morning sunlight. Not to mention he was about six foot something.

"Nice to meet you," I smiled in response, hopping into the backseat of Blair's car.

I was definitely going to get a premium gossiping session from her once her 'friend' left.

The fair we planned on going to was about twenty minutes from our school, luckily since I was in the backseat I was able to sneak my pills into my mouth without anyone noticing. One should be enough, it was only the fair.

We could tell we were close by the warm scent of candy apples and cotton candy that wafted throughout the park the fair was located.

The soft tune of the carousel and the low laughter of children made me smile internally. God, I loved the fair.

"So who's planning on going into the haunted house with me?"

Joseph and I looked at each other wearily, I most certainly wasn't a fan of things jumping out at me especially if we were in the dark with weird noises.

"Okay fine, since neither one of you two babies wants to join me I guess we should just head into the arcade to win some tokens," Blair's left hand dragged me along while her right dragged Jospeh like we were her children.

The arcade was mostly empty since everyone was at school, except us, so we were able to try out all the games without waiting in line.

"Hey Aviana, if I give you a dollar will you get us some slushies?"

We were currently riding motorcycles during our race, I wasn't daft to not realise how desperately Blair wanted to be alone with Jo (the nickname I decided to give him) so I smiled at her knowingly, taking the money.