Twenty Five

---

Kiro

If someone were to ask me if I would choose a girl over my own life before I met her, there would be no hesitation in saving myself.

But it was different now.

My mind wavered between the text message displayed on my phone screen and the night with Aviana.

The image of her in the set I had bought her, the way her beautiful, brown orbs gazed innocently yet seductively into my own, her eyes were my favourite thing about her. Don't even get me started on her hair, and god her lips. Fuck.

She was still lingering in my mind, fuck that more like living in my mind.

I shook my head as my brain began conjuring up a few images that caused my blood flow to rush down to my- licking my lips I started focusing on my situation currently.

It was the last day at the beach house and after receiving the message from Kai the night before, I didn't have time to waste. I looked down at my phone, re-reading the message again.

Unknown-
Either you come to our place on Monday or the girl dies.
Your choice.

They knew about Aviana. And they wanted to kill her.

They must have followed me here after finding out about my change in the routine. Sparing the lives of the people we hunted down, almost all were somehow innocent.

I had left the house at noon, my heart ached as I forced myself to leave her sleeping in my bed, as much as I wanted to be there when she awoke, there was something more important I had to deal with.

As I walked through the boardwalk in the early morning, the 15-inch blade placed securely in my back pocket, I searched for any of the five men who were involved with Kai.

I knew all their names, disguises and personal business. I had five partners in total, Juan Barbero, Kendrick Gambino, Mickey Cohan, John Calavari and Antonio Martinez.

When you work for one of the biggest laundering businesses in the US, rule number one is keeping tabs on your partners in case of a rivalry.

My eyes darkened once they settled on what I was looking for. More like who.

I smirked when he noticed me walking towards him, I kept my expression serene as though I was about to have a casual conversation with this fairly average looking man.

Except this conversation would be the last he would be able to have for quite a while.

"Hello Antonio, my dear friend," I called out cheerfully, he scurried further back into the alleyway I had walked into, a smile stretched across my face.

This should be fun.

"Listen Kiro I had no idea what they were planning, please have mercy, I-I have a girlfriend," his begging only made me more infuriated.

My fist made contact with his nose faster than he could move away, his body fell to the rocky pavement and my smirk faded.

I bent down so I made eye contact with him.