Sixteen

---

Aviana

I immediately knew that today would be awful.

How did I know? Well for starters my alarm didn't bother waking me up, flustered at around nine in the morning I awoke to my phone chiming continuously.

Thats when I realised I had woken up late and first period had already started. Blair had left me messages asking where I was.

We spent the night awake until three in the morning as I listened to Blair's plans for the beach weekend and the fair she wanted to go to during school hours.

Without a second to lose I practically flung myself out of bed and into the closest item of clothing in sight, a hoodie that I think was stained with coffee from last night.

Leaving my house my athletic abilities were put to test, I sprinted across my yard down the road to get to school, it wasn't far thankfully. And to answer your question I feel you may be thinking, no I still didn't have my license. Something I needed to apply for actually.

Arriving at school late was embarrassing, I tried to avoid making eye contact as I walked inside class, Blair's gaze however was too prominent to ignore.

Were classes always this quiet?

"Aviana, I hope you remembered to revise for the pop quiz that your classmates have already started on, quick sticks get your pen out," Miss Grange spoke from the front, with wide eyes I was so distracted with Blair and her trip planning, I had forgotten about the test.

Just breath Aviana, you'll be fine just don't stress.

I felt my chest get heavy as my lungs desperately attempted to fill with air.

As the paper was placed in front of me I swallowed hard, opening it praying that my natural intelligence (if I had any) could help me out. My fingers tapped anxiously against my desk, my breathing became shallow and I'm sure I was a flaming red ball at this point.

As I pursed my lips to breath, a "psst" came from behind me.

Turning around I was confused to see Kiro right behind me, I always forgot he did English. Licking his lips he looked down at my test and back at me, I did the same noticing he had two papers in front of him instead of one.

His eyes drifted towards the teacher as he leaned forward slowly, swapping my paper with the one he had. What was he planning.

He then tucked my paper into his bag on the side and continued with his without another word.

I decided not to question it, for now.

After class I noticed the pit of guilt in my stomach, the paper I handed in wasn't even mine, wont someone notice? Maybe they might exclude me for cheating, or suspend-

"Aviana? God it's been so long," Jasmine skipped towards me in her cheer uniform, her short curly locks were tied in a bun with little curls from the sides of her head loosely hanging, she certainly had the cheerleader look.

"Wow its been a while, you look amazing," I exclaimed, watching her golden eyes twinkle at my words.

"Don't I? But seriously no one ever mentioned how difficult cheer is, like yes you can get any guy you want," she giggled as I laughed along. "But sometimes I do miss roaming the mall with you, getting boba and stuff."