Twenty Four

---

Aviana

Have you ever felt so frightened that your soul physically felt like it had abandoned your body?

A feeling I've never gone through until now, genuine fear flashed through my eyes as I kept my vision on the dimly lit street whilst running, it seemed much brighter and magical earlier.

Now it seemed like everything was dark, similar to the situation I was in currently.

Curiosity really does kill the cat.

The two men dressed in black who had been chasing me for what felt like decades finally stopped running, my head kept whipping back every once in a while to make sure they didn't start charging towards me again.

Soon their bodies started to get smaller as I got further away, once they were out of sight completely I managed to give out.

My body fell to the floor, quite drastically for someone who had done track before. It was more the fear for me that made me weak in the knees.

As I huffed deeply with my hands on my thighs, I bent forward to catch my breath. Remember the techniques Kiro told you. See, smell, hear, touch...taste.

The memory of the fair raised alarms in my head, the guy you almost kissed and possibly have feelings for is about to die. Tomorrow.

This cannot be real life, it must've been another Kiro Hale they were talking about.

But the reality suddenly kicked in the moment I came to the acknowledgement that Kiro had a history of being linked to criminal activity, the rumours were all true, it all made sense.

But Blair had told me how he promised his family he wasn't involved in anything harmful, how he had left his past in the gutter and moved on. But he didn't, he hasn't. Clearly.

My mind was running a marathon despite my legs finally getting some rest. I wearily stood to my feet, sighing as I dragged myself back to the beach house aware of the fact that I couldn't tell anyone.

Yet I had to, at least to the person targeted.

Opening the front door as quietly as possible, I tried to sneak in but the second I stepped foot onto the heated flooring, my name was screamed from upstairs. Blair.

"Aviana Reath, where the fuck have you been, do you know what time it is?" A red face Blair came speed walking down the stairs, her hair was loosely curled and she was dressed as if she were attending the Met Gala.

"Blair, you um, you look beautiful," I stammered, trying to win her good side.

If only she knew I had just gotten chased by two large men in black who had a plan to kill her brother.

"Don't think you can just shower me with compliments to get out of this, please just get your booty upstairs and put on a nice outfit so we can all leave," she spoke sternly yet her voice was generally high-pitched so her yells were far from intimidating.

"Um, where are the boys?"

"Jason went outside for something and Kiro is in his room, now hurry up," she ushered me towards the stairs. He's back here then.